7 Replies Latest reply: May 18, 2012 6:34 AM by jerrycoin RSS

Parisian Dining, C-E!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Lori,

Again welcome all to contribute to this post!  These are just my opinion based upon my experiences.  I am not a professional, but I did train to cook in France, and was an officer in the French food society.  That just means, "I am not an expert on wine, but can smell, what I don't like"!  Or, as my chef instructor, once said, "Good food deserves Champagne, BAD food DEMANDS it"!

Here are some places you may enjoy, and some I would not recommend;

There is only one thing on the menu here, and you have three choices, rare, medium or well done, but I go on every trip to Paris.  Across from the RER station Port Mallot. Nice long walk from the Marriott C-E, not so far from The Ren. AdT.  Get there early, they also serve lunch, they don't take reservations.  Inexpensive, and great salad and fries, they do bring you comped "Seconds".  A popular place for Parisians.

KIF_0893.JPG

Here's another place that is across the street from the Marriott C-E, that is really good.  This is a photo from inside The Alsace, looking on the C-E.  Note, the Lamb and halibut as well as the French bread.

IMG_1044.JPGIMG_1045.JPGDSCN0080_0066.jpgThese are two very nice "Local" places just a block or so behind The Alsace.  You might have seen one of them in "Midnight in Paris".

IMG_1122.JPGKIF_0958.JPG

Here are a few other places,  If you like real sidewalk places, try a place that sits a few blocks away, behind the C-E.  Likewise, I think Fouquet's is a "Big deal, not worth it.  Other places that are "Big deals" and worth it, Guy Savoy's, La Maree (Seafood), I have posted previous pictures, so will not post them here.  Enjoy!

KIF_0926.JPGIMG_0323.JPG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Paris, France
  • Re: Parisian Dining, C-E!
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

jerry:

Great pics! You have such a great recollective memory for all these places in Paris!

Don't forget Laduree for a great breakfast almost across the street from the Marriott C-E!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Good point!

This one is for you tef!IMG_1046.JPG

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

jerry:

You're the man!

I would never hasve thought that you would pull the picture of Laduree out of your goody bag just after I mentioned it! Great food there!

tef,

I am a "Laduree lover", and have been to three of them.  One in Harrod's, Paris of course and also Zurich.  Here's a picture of the shop in Zurich.

IMG_1494.JPG

ao Platinum 2 Reviews

Just visited Le Relais de l'Entrecote this past Saturday on your recommendation.  Good call!  I don't know how they make that sauce, but it sure hit the spot.

Thanks for sharing your experiences

so,

This may bring back some "Happy Memories"!  One is of my favorite waitress there, (Her sister also works there).  Likewise, you know the tables are pretty close together, this woman was sitting so close to me we got a picture together, I had never seen her before, but won't forget the photo!  (No, I don't carry it in my wallet!).  This place is a short walk from Ren. AdT, a nice walk from C-E, and a Metro stop at Port Maillot (or RER).  This place is right across from the RER station, toward the AdT.

KIF_0891.JPG

Friendly customers!

DSCN0107_0086.jpg

Get there early!  No reservations, and you will want to get in on the first seating!  The lines get long!  The price is right!

IMG_0294.JPG

My buddy Dave with our favorite server, Nicolette!  She is wonderful, and speaks good English!

so,

Thanks again,  I forgot to ask how much is it to eat there!  It seems like it was around 25 euros, which included a large goblet of red wine.  That included seconds on steak, wonderful pomme frites, salad a "Festive time".  The place is NOT formal, so it is most relaxing!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...