10 Replies Latest reply: Dec 18, 2013 10:38 AM by jerrycoin RSS

New York City

yorkstacy Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Can anyone recommend a Marriott hotell in New York city that has a good location for normal "touristing" and with a very valubale price?

Last time in New York I stayed ar Warwich and totally LOVED it, now Im a Marriott member and would like to stay at a Marriott hotell, but what could compare with Warwich that had all I could ask for in terms of  luxary, location, price and service.

All suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thank you!

We will also travel up to CT after a few days in New York, any Marriott insider tips for that stay too?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New York City, New York, USA
Connecticut, USA
  • Re: New York City
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Hi yorkstacy:

I'll try and give a little help to answer your question as best I can for the items of luxury, price, location and service.

Luxury: The Warwick as I remember is an older eclectic hotel that dates to vintage with updates and very classy. Most likely the Algonquin and Carlton (both Marriott Autograph Collection properties) are the properties that come closest to the Warwick look. But, they don't have the great location the Warwick does (located between Times Square, Rockefeller Center and Central Park). The Algonquin is on 44th and closest to Rockefeller Center....actually closer to it than the Warwick and that might be the best...although it is farther from Central Park.

Price: Is really a function of when you stay in NYC. At a busy time I never get a good price (so I don't go then), but I've found that deals can be had at NYC Marriotts if one is diligent and checks frequently for different time frames. I've stayed at the Marriott Eastside for as little as  $159....but it also can cost $500/night. Diligence in checking for deals probably pays off more in NYC than anyplace else. If time is flexible, it really helps towards getting a better price point.

Location: The Marriott properties that meet with the Warwick location area are the Marquis or Renaissance Times Square; The Eastside Marriott (47th amd Lexington) and the Algonquin on 44th.

Service: is really a function that is best left to the eyes and expectations of the one receiving it.

You can look at the locations and picture galleries of all the Marriott hotels in NYC after doing a generic search on the marriott.com webpage for New York City hotels. You can look at locations that might suit your taste and then look at the picture galleries that display the look of the property.

I hope this somewhat helps! Enjoy the trip!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

yorkstacy,

My favorite for budget/location is the CY South Times Square!

Great location!

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

We just spent a week at this hotel during the Christmas holidays and found it to be perfect for our needs.

bvdub11 Platinum

which hotel did you stay at

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

We stayed at the Courtyard South Times Square.  We enjoyed the hotel and would definitely recommend it.

razor,

You "Nailed it" for me too!

That is a wonderful place.  Could not wait to enjoy a breakfast meal at "Dukes" a short walk away!

razor,

Agree with you on the CY Times Square South!

It was a real winner!

• New York City
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Some of the Marriotts just over the river in NJ are great and less expensive too

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

I'm not sure how this thread became resurrected, but, if you're thinking about NYC, consider scrolling through this thread: NYC - Market Pricing  I think you'll find it informative. 

p.s. we're headed up to NYC in a few weeks.  The best rate we found this time around was at the

Courtyard New York Manhattan/Fifth Avenue - AAA rate of $161 night - that's pretty darn good.  It's not my favorite, but it's a good location for a reasonable price, and we've used it in the past.

And, yes, that AAA rate continues to save me pocket change at Marriott!!! See: http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/polls/1023   It ain't much, but it adds up!

bvdub11 Platinum

I am using points. Cash rates arent that important to me

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...