6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 14, 2012 6:00 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Key West for SS!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

SS,

I first of all welcome any others for providing additional information on activities in Key West.

SS, you wanted some ideas on places to experience, here are my suggestions, and the photo's will follow:

Louis Backyard, enjoy a refreshment at the little bar on the very backyard, preferably at Sunset.  It is an outstanding place to relax at Sunset.  You can decide to dine there or not.  A very nice place to dine, but not for everyone.IMG_0585.JPGIMG_0587.JPG

Then, there are a host of other places that are very much fun to experience;  The Southern most point in the US, (A picture is a must here), the Key West Lighthouse, across the street from Hemingway's home.  Then just down the street is Harry Truman's place, (An interesting place).  Other places would be of course, Hog's Breath Inn, (They have a web-cam in the bar, so you can call someone and they can pull up the sight, and you can wave to them).  Don't miss Sloppy Joe's across the street on Duval, and I really enjoy shopping at the Cuba/Cuba store.  Next to it is a very nice place to dine.  Likewise, the further you get away from the cruise shop docks the prices go down.

Mallory Square is a great place to see the sun go down, and full of activities.  Many people have said watch out for weirdo's but I have not experienced any, buy I am not out real late either.

By the way, there are some places that are very good to dine and not well know.  Seven Fish (Get a reservation), an a local favorite, Rusty Anchor, it's on the North end of town.

Here are a few pictures that you may enjoy.  Here's Seven Fish, followed by an inexpensive great place, BO's Fishwagon.  Jimmy Buffet's is WAY BETTER, than I thought it would be!

FH000017.jpgB O's Fishwagon.JPGJimmy Buffets.JPGIMG_0055.JPGIMG_0660.JPGIMG_0661.JPGIMG_0588.JPG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Key West, Florida, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Key West Waterfront
Homestead, Florida, USA
  • Re: Key West for SS!
    tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Jerry,

STOP IT!  You keep putting up so many great postings and making me want to go more places than I could ever possibly go.  It's a nice problem to have though.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Jerry is my no cost travel agent!  Love that guy and photo archive too

SS,

I may be "Cheap, but I'm not easy"!

Wish I could help you on Naples, but that is one part of the United States that I have never been to!  Don't forget to call someone in Pittsburgh and Cleveland (Mrs. SS), and get them to pull up the Hog's Breath on their computer, and you can talk to them and wave to them at the same time!

SS,  by the way, some of the window shopping on Duval Street, Key West can be a little "Wild"!  It's not a place for kids.  One place I saw (But did't go in, REALLY), was a "Clothing optional" dining establishment, Naked Lunch!

By the way I found I did have a picture of this nice "Stop", in Homestead, coming or going, The Mutineer.  We ate in the bar area a couple of times.  If you go, as most places, ask to see the menu, first.  Happy Trails!

FH020030.jpg

Location Brand Hotel
        Homestead, Florida, USA
          Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Great shot.  Did you try Primanti's as well?

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

So which Marriot in Key West is the best to stay at? 

lone6star,

All three of them are unique and pleasant.  The FF is the closet to downtown, then the CY, and the Marriott is very nice, but the furthest away.  You can use the hotel shuttle and enjoy not having to drive.

What a fun place to visit!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...