6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 24, 2012 9:23 AM by NathalieF RSS

Fairfield Inn and Suites, Marion, Illinois

strayb Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am a Platinum Elite member of Marriott and travel close to 300 days a year all over the U.S. Canada and Europe. This Fairfield Inn and Suites is near the small town where I grew up and I stayed there several times in December, January and February, during my mom's final illness, her funeral and then for a trip to wrap up her estate. Everyone here is wonderful; friendly and caring. They will go out of their way to make you feel welcome and comfortable. They get to know you very quickly, unlike most hotels where no matter how much or how long you stay, it seems as if you are a stranger every time you walk in the door. During my mom's funeral, my wife and two kids were with me as well.  The staff was wonderful with them, making sure my hungry son was fed even when it was a bit past breakfast time (and he had already eaten!).  I wish all Marriotts were like this one.  All hotels, for that matter. This entire staff deserves the Spirit to Serve Award.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Marion, Illinois, USA Fairfield Inn By Marriott Fairfield Inn & Suites Marion
  • Re: Fairfield Inn and Suites, Marion, Illinois
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

stayb,

So sorry to hear about your loss!  It had to be a real challenge to lose your beloved Mother.

Yes, this is a wonderful hotel!

Just down the street is the #1 Red Lobster Rest, in the US.  The BBQ, place that sits behind the FF was voted #1, in the US, and is HQ out of Belleville, Il.

Thanks for your lovely post. Again, sorry to hear about your loss.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Fairfield Inn and Suites, Marion, Illinois
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

This Kindness in a time of grief is a special thing.  We mourn your loss.

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

stayb,

Let me add my condolences and sympathies as you go forward.  Also, thank you for remembering to mention this Fairfield Inn and their kindness to your family.  I'm guessing your mother would have been, and is, proud of you for remembering others through your loss.  May your memories of the wonderful times with her, be as strong as mine are of my parents, and as all the MI members who have gone through this, and can empathize with you too.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

stayb -- sorry for your loss.  I'm glad others stepped up in your time of need to ease the pain of day to day details so you could concentrate your time with your Mother in her final days.  I have also stayed at FFI Marion, IL on occasion and agree that the staff there is top notch.  God bless you and your family.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Sorry about your loss, let us offer our condolences for your family. On behalf of behalf of Marriott associates around the world, we take pride in providing exceptional service for each and every guest and we appreciate you taking the time to nominate a Marriott associate for this important award. We’ll enter this nomination for consideration of the Spirit to Serve award.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...