Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

11 Replies Latest reply: Apr 29, 2012 2:18 AM by anadyr RSS

It's not 1984, it is Marriott Rewards Insiders

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Marriott Insiders is a where we chat about many thing, seven travel experiences. It is monitored by Jive for appropriate content, and policed by us to prevent nastiness (?).  The Marriott Rewards Ambassador Program of which I was part, was a creation of a liaison between the Insider community and Marriott itself.

As MichelleL stated in an,  earlier post only three Marriott employees have access to the site.  I'd hardly call that Big Brother as others have.  I'll defend Marriott here, for the most part, they stay out of things, but they enter the fray when necessary and make changes when they can.  , and cou

I am only posting this to say, that at least for me, this is still a forum of Insiders, with Marriott's participation, albeit slight.

Insiders is a Marriott creation and a good one, IMHO

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: It's not 1984, it is Marriott Rewards Insiders
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

ss

Excuse me,  Big Brother was meant clearly as a tongue in cheek comment.  Clearly, I was saying that we should not want or expect Marriott to be monitoring this site for posts to answer.  Please do not distort my statements.....  also, I was strongly supporting the site as is.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

OK sorry, and excuse my jumping to conclusions--the only exercise I get these days.  But I stand by my original intent comments on the Ambassador program.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

no problem.  seems as though the Ambassador Program had more teeth than this current system of Stewards.  Not at all because of the Stewards, but because of the apparent lack of interaction between corporate and the stewards.

No I never intended to disparage anyone as a Steward and sorry if it sounded that way.  The Insiders invitation for me to become an Ambassador was out of the blue-came as an email and then phone follow-up.  It was and is a great honor to have been chosen, not on looks or smarts in my case, but gossiping (posting) onthe original MRI.

I think social networking and the blossoming (explosion) of FaceBook and Twitter and smart phoen apps took everyone by storm, including Marriott!

Here's my final word on this:

1. Marriott is a very well run company that has great employees.
          2. Insiders, as announced by SVP Ed French back in 2008 was a brave venture to tap the immense traveling public who stay at Marriotts.
          3. The decision to include Ambassadors and now Stewards in this Insiders venture remains another brave step in customer interaction by Marriott.
          4. Growing pains, the movement to MRI 3.0 among them, have made it harder and harder to stay focused on travel.
          5. Posters have come and gone, some with regrets mentioned-others without a peep, but there is a core of us who make an effort to check in and when we can, add something to a discussion.
          6. I hope that Marriott never abandons Insiders, even if it seems to be floundering (which it is not at the moment) and sticks with it.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

SS,

I appreciate whatever title, or honor Marriott wants to provide me, but it has had no effect on my contributions to this site. Frankly, I think most of us may be "Honored", but we ask for nothing to do this.  We really want to provide some travelers with some support, which is something we still appreciate and wish we had it a long time ago.

kroywen Gold 11 Reviews

I am fairly  new to Insiders (and Marriott Rewards too)-- and want to thank all of you who post!   I've learned so much about the Marriott Points system and best ways to accumulate and use them from these postings..

Started with Marriott about a year ago and have been very pleased with the perks and reception we have received.   I am "only a gold" but have been very well received and  treated at just about every hotel we stayed,     Hope it continues in 2012,    We'll be in Charleston then Hilton Head shortly and I'll let you know how that turns out.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

I'm looking forward to hearing all about your trip to the low country of SC.  Great food and people there.  Have a safe trip.

Both great places to be.  We're happy you're here (and there).

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

SS,

So right!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...