15 Replies Latest reply: Feb 22, 2012 11:28 AM by NathalieF RSS

Is it just my inattention to Marriott Rewards Insiders?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Maybe I do not pay enough attention as much as I should but seems to me that we're getting infrequent feedback on many questions.  Call me stupid, but as I mentioned once  before the folks over at MIFB (Marriott International Face Book) -sounds like a branch of British Intelligence respond more quickly to posts that ask questions or challenge bad things.

Anyone else agree or am I crazy as usual?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Is it just my inattention to Marriott Rewards Insiders?
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Well, Facebook has that flair for going viral to the world when someone makes a post. The MRI site only goes to those who log in to follow a posting or poster. We don't have 10 gazillion subscribers so no one from Marriott really has any sense of urgency to respond to us on a negative or off-color post about the company. On Facebook, they don't want those 10 gazillion people to think that what was posted is what it is when it's negative.....so they work to correct a bad situation and let people know what was done to right it, or steer an improper post to a correct statement of fact and reality.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Or, this is a site for insiders to trade stories and NOT a site for communication with Marriott management. 

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Shoeman:

I fully agree that this was not visualized by Marriott or considered by most members of MRI to be a communicative tool with Marriott management. I have always looked at this site as a source for information that might help me or I might help others in their travels or navigation of the Marriott systems or tools.

I do think that Marriott management wants and expects their community managers to make them aware of issues within this site that meet certain guidelines. Beyond that, I think the CM makes the call what to elevate, reply to or correct.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

You are right on Shoeman!

But in all fairness, that doesn't bother me. I am here to learn, continuing to be entertained, and maybe contribute something to another's travel experiences.  If I don't like the way I am being treated by Marriott, I can take my "Toys", and go someplace else.  Honestly, in four decades, it has been a positive experience for me..

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

jerry

totally agree!  I do not expect, nor necessarily want  regular input from big brother.  I think there should be a way that certain questions, subjects, etc get passed on, but most of the banter is irrelevant to Marriott personnel.  Why not a specified section for posts wanting Marriott participation?  thoughts?

allegedly so. However we all know that there have been times when they post here caught the eye of someone. at Headquarters.  and as you recall the spirit to serve as a direct link to that process at Marriott

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

tef,

I think you are right that it has to do with visibility and public appearance.  The social environment is blending with the business environment and every other part of the world.  When governments have to worry about being overthrown because of twitter and social media moving like wildfire through the common people, businesses have to be just as aware of how a brand can be "Made or Broken" by social media, or ignoring social media, also!

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Let us know if we can help with something. We also have Marriott Rewards and Customer Support areas for questions to support associates.

will do Andy

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

This seems to be about as good a place as any to comment about the survey that was being taken about the Insiders site.  It asked whether or not we liked the site, and said we were to go back to the Insiders to look at it to verify whether or not our opinion was the same. 

I didn't have to sign in to take the survey, but it was then designed as if I had.

Also, the verification by going back to the site really invalidates the time estimate given as 10 minutes anyway.  What are we supposed to be looking at to validate whether or not we like it?  How long would that reading take?  I still haven't seen everything here even after spending several hours in total looking at it, so that portion seems really unnecessary for validation.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...