6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 18, 2012 8:24 PM by nuhusker RSS

Do you remember the survey question about cost?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Is anyone old enough to remember the surveys that we got in the mail from Marriott Corporation after every stay – – this goes back to the 1980s late 1980s and through the 1990s? Within that survey there were a series of questions with a combination of sub questions saying in essence at what point does a room become too expensive to stay and at what point does it become too inexpensive to stay in? I guess with survey producers were getting at was what is the target price that you associate with a Marriott room at this time?

like many things we took for granted, the surveys are no longer mailed. And have become much less frequent. unless I am mistaken I do not recall receiving a question on any survey from Marion voice or with regard to your recent stay that asked the question about cost and implied value of the cost of a room. Seems to me that the cost of the room is inexorably tied to the value of the room – – we stay at Motel 6 with few expectations of luxury. We stay at Ritz-Carlton with every expectation of luxury. And so it goes.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Do you remember the survey question about cost?
    tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

SS,

I have gotten only one email survey recently, and that was asking about my recent stay at Fairfield Inn, in Bremerton, WA.  Funny thing is that I filled out a paper survey that they had at the front desk, just before checkout, and gave them high marks.  I can't help but wonder if that had an impact, and that I was sent the survey because Marriott knew I would give good ratings.  A couple of the questions did ask about the price and if I thought it was a good value.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Do you remember the survey question about cost?
      Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Great news I find myself wondering about the efficacy of mailed surveys, and know that the return rate is abysmal, and that we're mired in an instantly accessible net-wired world, but....some value questions in whatever format would be a great idea I think.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...