This discussion is locked
25 Replies Latest reply: Feb 27, 2012 5:43 PM by NathalieF Branched to a new discussion. RSS

The long and winding road to  2012 PP card-ism

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Today I waited patiently at the mailbox, hoping that Randy our postman would drop off that special package from Marriott with those 2012 credentials inside.  Alas, it was in the cards (Pardon that pun) so here I stand cardless and some might agree with my wife, hopeless.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: The long and winding road to  2012 PP card-ism
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

ss

i feel your pain.......  no card yet for me either.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

No card here!

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

No card here yet either!!!!

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

I think we need a support group for all of us card-less users

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

I guess one of the benefits of being (plain) platinum is that I've had my 2012 card for over a month now.  I haven't had to agonize over when it would come.

There is that to say for P only.  Actually I have decided that it will come when and if it comes, and will not obsess much about it, now that I know Daniel was not the victim on Revenge and Mr. Reese escaped another harrowing fight on Person of Interest!

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

well ss,  that will be a big change.  I think you have started ALL of the 'where is my card" posts.......  are you trying reverse psychology on Marriott????

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

I too am only a plain Platinum, but haven't gotten my card yet.  Seems to be more a case of when your time comes, you will get it

mstrom Platinum 1 Reviews

Usually, I see a 'bonus' promotion each quarter, but haven't seen one yet.  Any new on when the next will be available?

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

My best guess, now that they have offered the "buy back status" is that Marriott thinks we will give in and use up to 40,000 points to keep Platinum current status.  I, for one, will not and if they want to degrade me, so be it.  Not only have I been comped at a number of other hotels that offer more services (especially in view of this past year's decline and our conversations about CL, breakfasts, upgrades, etc), but I will save my points to use at a hotel (obviously outside of France, where most of the tack-on of upgrade charges occur) that really is Category 8.

mstrom Platinum 1 Reviews

I would not use the points the buy back status either.  Thanks for the input, much appreciated.

Hi mstrom,

I did so a few years ago, and it was worth it then.  I simply think now, what with CL's closed on weekends and no free breakfasts, that it's easier to go to the competitors who have given me the same status.  I still very much enjoy most stays at Marriott, but it is not worth a Category 8 night to ensure very few benefits.

I also recently wrote to Delta since I qualified for continuing status as Platinum Elite Plus  in November, and they assured me I should get it very soon but should contact them if I did not. Given hotel and airline competition and comped status these days,  I can always hope, just like Marriott seems to be considering downgrading some of us if we don't pay up in points, that maybe Delta (which has treated me wonderfully) will up me to Diamond since I have been a high Plat member forever.  I can always hope...

I see that some plans like the IHG Ambassador and the A-Club executive just ask you to pay a fee per year--which for some in the business world (not me) may make perfect sense

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

This thread will be consolidated with Steppingstones' "show of hands" thread for Platinum Premier members who have received their 2012 Elite kits. Feel free to contribute to the conversation there.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...