9 Replies Latest reply: Mar 12, 2012 3:27 PM by pluto77 RSS

Pebble Beach, Food and Wine Festival.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

SS,

It it worthwhile for any of us to come out to the Festival April 12-15?

Amex says it's a great deal at $3400 pp, I am not sure it is that wonderful.

What do you think?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Pebble Beach, California, USA
  • Pebble Beach, Food and Wine Festival.
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

If you want to be in throngs of people who love excellent foods and wines, then come. Great chefs but a mob scene.  If I were coming for one event there it would be the August Concours d'elengance.  BTW in April  the prices are astronomical as shown here.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Pebble Beach, Food and Wine Festival.

SS,

Will they have a 2bc tent?

If not, I think I will take a pass on the event.  Can you imaging getting 200 bottles of it instead of paying $500 and "Having fun"?  Sounds like a good place to stay away from!

Thanks for the information.

I think some consider it a business expense, but I agree with you--keep your distance

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

I think if I were to spend $6800 (2 people) for food and wine I'd rent a villa in Tuscany and have my food prepared and wine served with the food by the staff that comes with the villa while we were looking out over the balcony!

Yep

tef,

If you decide to go to Italy, let me know.  For the $6800, get the Villa, and I will pay my own way to cook for you, as long as you provide me a room in your Villa!

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

jerry:

You're in!...and you don't have to cook. I figure that if I spend $6800 to get both of us in on the Amex Platinum deal to the food and wine festival I also have to buy airfare, lodging and what ever other transportation I will need. My best guess is the trip would cost me about $15,000. I had some friends that rented a villa in Tuscany a couple of years ago and had the staff to serve the food. It was a three bedroom place but, even though they invited us, we couldn't match the time frame to go. The villa cost about $20,000......shared 3 ways. For the extra $5K I would splurge for the villa if I were to make a trip for the two of us and use airmiles for the plane trip!

So, I'll get the villa, you're in...... we invite another Insider and party on!

Ciao!

And the weather is better over in Tuscany any time

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

I hope it's okay that I hone in on this...(was looking for something - food related actually for an upcoming trip and stumbled upon this post).  A villa in Tuscany?  Haha, I am so there!  The 20K was for how long?  But here's the thing for me: I want Jerry to come and TEACH me how to cook!  The pictures of food that he posts are amazing.  I rarely dine out anymore because I enjoy my own cooking, (plus where I live, there really aren't many stellar places to dine - overpriced steak and seafood houses I am NOT a fan of...) but I have much to learn.  So very much to learn.

I'm dreaming now!  Learn the art of cooking at a villa in the Italian countryside.  Hahahaha!

Seriously though, I've read so many great posts here about Tuscany, I think it would deserve a month to properly enjoy the area with all of the towns and many things to see and enjoy.  I'll be there in June for barely - and it KILLS me to say this - 3 days.  (Groan).

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...