31 Replies Latest reply: Feb 23, 2012 2:17 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Parisian Dining! #2

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Lori,

These are very good places that are as expensive as #1. Within a block of the Ren. is this wonderful place.  Very reasonable, very friendly.

IMG_1655.jpgIMG_1649.JPG

Just a block or so away from the Marriott C-E, is a great local place for frog legs.

IMG_1122.JPGIMG_1121.JPG

For great Parisian steak, go with both of these, they are within walking distance of the Marriott C-E. Only steak on the menu, but it is great at both places! Cafe de la Paix, is one of my favorites, just across the street from the Opera, it is a great place to dine and people watch.

KIF_0893.JPGKIF_0958.JPGKIF_0915.JPGKIF_0913.JPG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Paris, France
  • Parisian Dining! #2
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Jerry you know how to live---thanks for sharng

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Parisian Dining! #2

SS,

Thanks for your comment! 

I pay homage for my blessings everyday.  Just appreciate having a chance to experience these, "Simply wonderful" times.

You have been and continue to be the Steward that I wanted and an excellent choice -- tell Jasper I would include him as well but forgot.  Seriously when does you term end and can you be renewed?

SS,

Thanks for your kind words!  I have no idea when this term ends, and it will not change my support for Marriott.  I want nothing from them, other than a great product.  The people I have been able to associate with, thanks to this site, has been wonderful.

Thanks again, SS!

Well you been a good one

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Jerry,

I echo SS's praise.  I am honored to learn from the all the highly experienced travelers on this site, and you are one of the best examples we have!  I think we probably have till around the end of April, since I think they said it would be only a 6 month term.  If that's true, we have a lot of good choices for new replacements on this site, if they're interested in applying, when it comes time

tryt53,

Thanks for you kind words as well!

If I wasn't traveling all the time, I would never have time to report on the wonderful things that I experience each week.  It really makes it fun when other insiders share little "Tidbits" about their experiences in a locale with me. 

Next "Glamourous" stop, Springfield, Il!

Jerry your posts even from Cleveland (if you go there) are a pleasure to read

SS,

Yes, I go to Cleveland, and it sometimes get's a "Bad rap", there are many nice things there as well.  Will do another "Travel story" on Cleveland on the next trip.  It really helps when others point out unique places to visit while in these towns.  It seems to make the travel so much more fun and challenging.  Sometimes it is tough to find these places and sometimes they are not what you expect, but at least you know, because you have been there.

My wife is a Clevelander

Cleveland is a soft target and I should have picked my hometown Pittsburgh for that. Actually there's a lot good with Cleveland and there are plenty of Ohioans who'd live nowhere else

SS,

You can't imagine the two wonderful dinners I recently had in Pittsburgh.  We had to take a cable car and I think one was Benihana's and the other was a wonderful place that viewed the city.  It was a night of a thunderstorm and the lightning was immense, but what a show.  The Ren.  was a lovely hotel and I see it is rated as on of Marriott's top properties.

Wish I would have had my camera for these two events!

Jerry, there are wonderful places upon Mount Washington if that's where you went-- always a big splurge kinda place so as a teenager I never went there on dates! Seems to me one was called the Mount but that sounds too simple and and it has been years since I have been there

SS,

Yes it was Mt. Washington, and it was spectacular.  Likewise, there were so many neighborhood pubs to dine around the Ren,/Convention Center, I need someone from Pittsburgh to remind me of them.  Just wish, I had my digital camera for these experiences.

good old Google

Bella Vista Restaurant (Italian Cuisine)

(Formerly known as Pasquarelli's Restaurant)

1204 Grandview Ave, Pittsburgh PA 15211

(412) 431-1660 (been there in it's former incarnation)

Coal Hill Steak House
                            1212 Grandview Ave, Pittsburgh PA 15211-1239
                            (412) 431-1400

Georgetowne Inn (American Cuisine)
                            1230 Grandview Ave, Pittsburgh PA 15211-1204
                            (412) 481-4424

Le' Mont Restaurant (American and French Cuisine)
                            1114 Grandview Ave, Pittsburgh PA 15211-1314
                            (412) 431-3100
                            Business Casual.

Monterey Bay Fish Groto Restaurant(Seafood)
                            1411 Grandview Ave, Pittsburgh PA 15211-1199
                            (412) 481-4414
                            Reservations suggested, but not required.
                            Upscale, casual; coat and tie not required.

The Tin Angel Restaurant (American and Greek Cuisine)
                            1200 Grandview Ave, Pittsburgh PA 15211-1295
                            (412) 381-1919

and the one I could see but have never been

Le Mont

SS,

It was Le Mont, and it was special, but not inexpensive.  I had a small group from France, Poland and Canada, and all of us really enjoyed the table of eight.  Thanks for reminding me.  All of us stayed at the Ren., a great location in Pittsburgh.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

By the way, one of my favorite restaurants in Paris is Le Voltaire.  This is an authentic French eatery that mainly serves the locals and little English is spoken.  Steaks are great, filet of sole is wonderful, fai gras is out of this world.....  give it a try.  Oh, cost is very high, but worth it.

Shoeman,

Not familiar with this "Haute cuisine", where is it located?  Will try to check it out in May.

Le Mont was a must see but can't afford place in my growing up years, might even still be? Cousins have had parties at the Monterey Fish place but I've never been,  If I have time in July while at a class reunion (50th with the Skyliners as entertainment) I'll check them out.  Pittsburgh's neighborhood taverns and dives are fantastic BTW

SS,

That sounds like a lot of fun!

Try to go up there, if nothing else for a refreshment!  The Summertime was really nice, as it was actually cooler than down in the city.  Try to visit the Ren. it is pretty special.  The Skyliners sound like a lot of fun for a 50th.

Someone in the class (of 107 souls) paid the tab for them to come and perform. Should be fun.

SS,

Hope you can get a few pictures to share with us.  By the way, I know the Pittsburgh Airport Marriott got some negative reviews lately, but my experience there was always pleasant.

Hotel booked for the reunion is the Embassy Suites and I'll use my HHonors elite status there.

That's a good choice, especially for people who do not travel a lot.  They also do a nice job with their food.  Should be a great time.

I always say, when In Pittsburgh go with the flow!!! (and they did not ask me either).

SS,

Yes, go with the flow, but enjoy the richness of your experiences at the reunion.  Some times it is startling to see how some people have survived on so little.  I meet people all the time that have never been out of the county, they were born in!  Doesn't mean they are not good people, but they probably can't contribute much to MI.

we've had a world traveling class and I will post once there and after

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

The menu at Chez Andre looks divine.  I love that street, too (Rue Marbeuf).  Wouldn't have ever discovered that neighborhood on the southernish side of blvd C-E if not for the driven brother in law, and his focused pursuit of the just right restaurant one evening (he loves to cook and used to be a restauranteur).  I think we dined there at an Italian place, might have been Maitre Pierre, and the food, wine, service and ambiance was lovely.  A pleasant and lucky find.  Also it looks like there is a le Relais de l'entrecote on that street as well.  Thanks for jogging my memory!

Lori,

Yes, that is the l'entrecote across the street.  It's very good, here a shot of my Medicine Shoppe buddy (Mende), and I "Celebrating a day that ended with a Y"!

KIF_0958.JPGKIF_0957.JPG

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Love it!

KIF_1001.JPGHere's to the "City of Lights"!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...