4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 24, 2012 10:43 AM by NathalieF RSS

Is Marriott ending its association with Courtyard hotels in Phuket?

trininy Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I recently heard that Marriott is ending its association with the Courtyard hotels in Phuket. Does anyone know if this is true? And if so, does Marriott intend on branding any replacements in the area? I would appreciate any feedback.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Phuket, Thailand Courtyard By Marriott Fairfield Inn & Suites Abilene
  • Re: Is Marriott ending its association with Courtyard hotels in Phuket?
    consulmac Platinum

"Courtyard" is a brand name owned by Marriott.  Therfore, it is not the case that Marriott is ending its association with Courtyards in Phuket or anywhere else.  What may be happening id that the management contract between Marriott and the owners of the Courtyards in Phuket may be ending.  This could be at the initiative of either Marriott or the owners and is fairly common.  At that point the hotel will still exist, with largely the same staff other than Marriott Corporate managers, but may become a Hilton, Holiday Inn or be independent of any international management company.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

My understanding is it's business as usual. Safe travels!

trininy Platinum

This message came up on Marriott's website when I priced out a stay for July 2012, "Please Note –  This hotel will no longer operate as a Marriott effective April 1, 2012. Any questions, contact hotel at 66-76-303300". Appreciate your comments.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...