8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 19, 2014 9:41 PM by jules1960 Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Platinum Premier Elite card and Lifetime Platinum Premier status

doctorrt Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I haven't received my new Platinum Premier Elite card yet, and wonder a couple of things.  First, how do I know if I have met the 12 years requirements to become a Lifetime Platinum Premier?  My instincts tell me I am very close to it, but I can't find that information in my profile or anywhere else in the Marriott system.  Have I just not looked in the right place? I know I have met the other requirements, but understand that this requirement is the one causing the most consternation and would like to know where I stand.

Second, I was advised by a manager that there is yet another level above PPE, Five-Star or some similar name.  No one seems to know how one achieves this level, only that it is so special that the card is delivered by Mr. Marriott himself. I was told that, as an example, Mitt Romney is at that level.  What about us common folks who have spent most of their lives in Marriott properties over the past few years?

As an aside, when I checked into the Jackson, MS Courtyard and the clerk brought me up on her computer screen, she leaned over to her work companion and whispered, "He's here!"  Nice to be recognized!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• RE: Platinum Premier Elite card and Lifetime Platinum Premier status
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Maybe she thought you were Mitt.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• RE: Platinum Premier Elite card and Lifetime Platinum Premier status
    NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Thanks for you question doctorrt. The Elite kits is a popular question. I was just told that they were running behind on those but that they have started sending them out. You should receive yours within the next couple of weeks at the latest... thanks for your patience! It looks like you have met the criteria to be Lifetime Platinum so if/when you fail to meet the criteria for Platinum Premier, your account would default to Lifetime Platinum. And regarding your last question about 5-star status - the level does exist but it's not achievable like other Elite levels as it's only provided by Mr. Marriott himself for family or board members for example, and Mr. Romney has served on the board twice. Feel free to contact us directly if we can help you with anything else.

• Re: RE: Platinum Premier Elite card and Lifetime Platinum Premier status
      trvlman Platinum

What are the "platinum for life" qualifications?   THANK YOU

Trvl,

Below, please find a piece that is included in another thread on here. They adjusted  (to the good) some targets recently. You can type "lifetime" in the search box and find quite a few discussions.

Years enrolled in the program and nights stayed will not change (Platinum, Gold and Silver Elite Lifetime still requires 12 years participation in the program. Platinum Lifetime  requires 1000 nights stayed and paid for, Gold requires 800 paid nights and Silver 600 paid nights. The new points threshold will be as follows:

-Silver Elite Lifetime - 1.5 million points now 1.2 million points.

-Gold Elite Lifetime - 2 million points now 1.6 million points

-Platinum Elite Lifetime - 3 million points now lowered to 2 million points”

jk2020 Platinum

How can I check to see if I have met the 12 years requirements and points requirements to become a Lifetime member?  Thanks

• Re: RE: RE: RE: RE: Qualified for Lifetime Platinum designation?

West,

Maybe that's it. I was at a business center computer while waiting on the laundry cycle.  I was sure I logged out, but maybe not....