6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 30, 2012 2:14 PM by kingkamea RSS

Horrible Experience with Marriot Reservations in TownePlace Suites Albany SUNY NY

svinod2001 Member
Currently Being Moderated

It was horrible experience today with Marriot.

Being a diamond member of Hilton, I am so used to of the good customer care of Hilton that this face of Marriot was very surprising for me.

Yesterday afternoon, I called to book a room. I have been told that everything is done and I am good to go from Tuesday - Thursday (Feb 15th) with my GE corporate rates for 2 bed. Today what they said when trying to check -in

- We do not have a booking for you at all in system.

- Need to pay 150$ instead of 98 which agreed yeterday.

- Discussion is not sorry sense. It is more, you might be wrong kind of.

- As I had to rush to office and I had sent my other colleague to hotel to check-in. He had been sent to other MArriot where he had to check-in at 150$ rate.

- When I heard this all, I tried to talk about this with hotel and again explainations are above head.

- Last but no least.. I just looked into my online profile which says the person had did my reservation for yesterday and then cancelled it as I did not show up.. (Boss reservation was specifically done from Tuesday to Thursday and not monday to wednesday)

My idea of not using my tested Hotels of Hilton and using Marriot really did backfired on me today. First things i am going to do tomorrow morning in to check out from marriot and come out of this loop of "Marriot Rewards".

Regards,

Vinod

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Albany, New York, USA
  • Re: Horrible Experience with Marriot Reservations in TownePlace Suites Albany SUNY NY
    NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Greetings - I'd like to help sort this out, what was the name of the property you tried to check into? Was it the TownePlace Suites Albany SUNY?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Horrible Experience with Marriot Reservations in TownePlace Suites Albany SUNY NY
      svinod2001 Member

This was the hotel where I booked .. Could not stay there because of the above reason and finally stayed in courtyard 1455 washington avenue : Folio No: 42138 checked in date feb 14th

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Looks like the reservation was booked at the GE rate but was not guaranteed with a credit card but instead held until 6 pm. Do you recall at this point about what time you checked in? Please don't be insulted by my asking, but is it possible you went to the Fairfield Inn next door?

svinod2001 Member

Yes, I work for GE and this was GE rate. Some points for your details:

- while booking through the phone, I did not have my wallet with me and I had been told that my card on file has expired. So I called 10 minutes later, talked to the same gentleman who took my creadit card number and gave me the confirmation number.

- Tried to check in at 10 am in the morning with a request for early check in if possible

- It was the same hotel as I was very careful because my coleague was going before me to check in there..

Anyway, I feel this much is enough follow up and I am not interested to keep this discussion any longer.

Thanks anyway...

kingkamea Platinum 1 Reviews

I'm sorry but I can't help myself! This sounds a little more like a "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles"episode rather than a Marriott issue. In the IT world, it's called a P.I.C.N.I.C. error. (Problem In Chair Not In Computer).

I'll be that

1. you could have checked in early (if you called the hotel).
    2. you didn't make your own hotel reservation because your associate and/or boss had "status" with Marriott, and you use Hilton.
    3. your travel department (even if that's you) is too blame for the confusion.
    4. this post is because you were tired and angry at the end of your travel day, and some one made a mistake. (therefore, it's Marriott's fault).

Once again, I apologize if you were looking for sympathy...........

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...