13 Replies Latest reply: May 26, 2012 10:31 PM by razorbackfan RSS

How do I get Free Night Certificates?

sdbroker Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I've seen recent discussions regarding a free night certificate, how does a member earn one?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: How do I get Free Night Certificates?
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

The one way I know of is through the Marriott credit card from Chase. This card deposits 15 nights per year and one free night certificate per year.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

sdbroker Platinum

I've got the Marriott card from Chase, and while I have received a ton of points by using it, I've never gotten just a free night certificate.

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

sdbroker,

I think the free night is for the Marriott Premier Credit Card and not the regular card, so I'm not sure which card you come under.

Hey SD....  My account is credited each yr. I have the more expensive of the two that are offered. I thought both offered the free night. Going into marriott.com it looks like just the one card has that benefit. It's probably worth the difference in the annual fee to get the added bennies..take a look.

There is also a Megabonus going on, that gives you a free night for each two stays, up to 2 stays.  Some others may get a different kind of offer on their Megabonus offer.  You should be able to see which one you have, by looking at your Promotion Central on your sign-in on Marriott.com.

sdbroker Platinum

My Megabonus is for 50,000 extra points after 25 nights.  Easy for me to get, and that equates to 4 free nights in many hotels.

SD,

If you look at changing to the Premier card, check on the 50,000 points and the annual free night every year.  It seems they don't give some of the extras to people who switch cards, since those introductory offers seem to be targeted at getting new customers only.  There have been a lot of discussions about the credit cards in different threads on this site over the last few months.

Whatever you do..DO NOT bring up the UK card...ay carumba!!

My thoughts exactly

bazzap Platinum

Who said UK card?

No, only joking, I agree we have probably done it death for now and I am from the UK!

We have got what we have got for a card and at least we seem to have better concierge lounge access and weekend breakfasts.

So I guess you win some, you lose some.

bazzap,

You're right about now having as good of card deals in the UK (beating that card issue to death ), and also right about the UK having much better CL access and weekend breakfasts, so maybe in some weird way we all are kind of even   Cheers!

hoosierdaddy Platinum 2 Reviews

which card ofers the 25,000 point bonus for 25 nights? I got an every 2 stay free night offer and limits to 2 nights!

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

hoosier, this offer sounds more like the Summer Bonus than a credit card offer.  Check Promotion Central in your account and see if you have an additional offer.  Most Insiders have reported a Summer Bonus offer as well as an offer called the Escape the Everyday.  My promotion was stay 2 nights at a Springhill Suites and earn 5000 bonus points.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...