3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 16, 2012 7:33 AM by platinumstar RSS

Marriott Regents Park, London

platinumstar Platinum 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just back from a 1 night stay. I did know where this property was located before I went there but a word of warning to those that do not know its location. This must rate as one of the worst names in terms of location. It should be called the Marriott, Swiss Cottage, because that is where it is. It is NOT near Regents Park. Don't think you can walk to Regents Park Zoo because its not nearby. This is a residential area and it takes 10 minutes on a bus to get in to Camden Town where the Camden Lock and market is. OK, Regents Park is very large but its like calling the Marriott Times Square in New York, the Marriott Central Park. Its just not where you think it is.

I did know the hotel was a bit of 1970's nightmare outside but saw that rooms were renovated in 2007 so hoped for the best. The lobby was a mish-mash of styles and a bit clustered, the corridors cold and univiting, the room ok, nothing special. There is a pool which is a nice bonus. There appeared to be lots of middle east guests in the hotel and their raised voices in the exec lounge did not make a comfortable evening so it was back to the room for me. Not a bad hotel, not great either, but should not call itself what it does.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, England
  • Re: Marriott Regents Park, London
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Thanks Star.  How perplexing they would call it by that name. I'll bet lot's of folks are disappointed if they don't know the area. I know you were there for only one night, but was it close to anything worth seeing?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

I only decided to stay there because they had a MR offer of £169 plus vat but.....it gives you 10,000 MR points! I've got a copy of the reservation in case it turns out to be a misprint of only 1,000 but they also had another rte giving 5,000 MR points. Its not an area for tourists unless you have business in North London.

UPDATE on my posting -

Despite phoning the front desk on Monday advising them that my base points and Plat bonus points were credited, the 10,000 Bonus had not. Front desk didn't know anything about the promotion and I advised them to look at a date in the future where the offer was still live.  I was asked if I had quoted the offer code when booking and as pointed out, I clicked on the relevant offer online which should automatically click in with the offer. They said they would forward my request for points to Marriott rewards and to allow for a few days to post. Ok, few days and no points! Can't see what the problem is. I've had an email contact in the past with Marriott conciegre on here about points and they managed to post the very same day! Not impressed. Why do we always seem to have to chase our points with Marriott? I NEVER ever have this problem with British Airways and my miles.

Marriott Rewards Member Exclusive Offer, 10000 Bonus Points per stay

Starting From 179.00 (GBP)

Rate rules

King Leisure Room, Larger Guest room, 1 King, Sofabed Room details

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...