3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 11, 2012 9:39 PM by anadyr RSS

Making the cut--in golf and life

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

seven.jpg

A friend took this image AM Thursday and just emailed it to me of the surging waves and the Links during the AT&T National Pro-Am tournament,  His camera is safe and was not confiscated!  But then is he is "company" man and we have our ways  This lady, on the other hand, is a pro and makes us all look bad.

News of the day was that it rained yesterday after a sunny start, and that means it is officially "Crosby Weather," named for 'Der Bingle,' Bing Crosby, who started this as his "Clambake" in Rancho Santa Fe, CA back in the 1930s.  Why he moved it here during the rainy season is the subject of some dispute.  Bill Murray, who seems to be seen everywhere, is the link to the crazy behavior of year's past by comedians, except that he is an excellent golfer.  Several guests whom I have chauffeured claimed to have been drinking with him at Carmel  establishments.  The story with the best chance of being true involves the Mission Ranch, Clint Eastwood's excellent venue along the cove at Carmel Point. Sheep graze the front lawn!

I have seen Tiger Woods twice in two days, the last time being yesterday at the Club late in the afternoon. Very focused, but more friendly than in years past.  No troupe of security personnel either.

Tales abound, spectator drinking seems more controlled, and people are more civilized--but there are two more days to prove me wrong!  Off to work!!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Pebble Beach, California, USA
  • Re: Making the cut--in golf and life
    tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

SS:

Great picture. I never get tired seeing the beauty of that area! Every day in the same place there brings a new experience with the changes in the weather and the water! Here's to a continued 'fun' time at the course. Keep us posted!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Amazing photo.  One of these days I'm gonna play that course.  which green is this?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Seventh-voted most beautiful par 3 in the world

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...