1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 10, 2012 7:04 PM by eb5147 RSS

Renaissance Suites  Charlotte, Nc

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just spent a night at this property.  Having just spent an evening also at a Embassy Suites, I would say that the Ren is a little bit smaller, but the cl drives it to the top.  My point is that the cl is a 'hidden treasure' of Marriott and they should protect and nurture that jewel.  As many have said, it is often the difference in their decision -making process.  As far as specifics of my stay, as much as I move around, uneventful is a good thing.  This stay was uneventful.  If your ever in the neighborhood, give this property a try, you won't be disappointed.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
Columbia, South Carolina, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Columbia Marriott
  • Re: Renaissance Suites  Charlotte, Nc
    eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

You're right about the CL. We're at the Marriott in Columbia, SC.  The rate was $87 / night senior citizen rate when including a Friday stay and they recognized Larry's reward status for the first time, but it worries me a bit by their not mentioning elite.  Don't know whether they dropped him for that or not. 

We were also given comp breakfasts for both nights for 2.  Stopped by the CL before going downstairs and the breakfast was actually better than the breakfast buffet downstairs.  Intended to stop by to get a bagel and salmon, but we didn't need or want it after eating downstairs.  We'll just take the CL next time, but enjoyed talking to our waiter, T-Johhny (sp?) from Morocco many years ago.   

Oh!!!  And another nice touch since New Year's eve was a little chocolate bar on the bed with a palmetto mold from a fudgery in Hilton Head.  Maybe because I booked ahead a few days earlier than usual this time. 

But the requests I'd made for a couple of light blankets in case the comforters and a fridge weren't heeded.  I even called about the fridge and the young man answering made me give the last 4 numbers of the credit card before he'd even listen to me even after I found the reservation e-mail and then it wasn't there.  They brought them up while we were gone and the blankets are SO scratchy.  It's hard to even want to touch them.    

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
    Columbia, South Carolina, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Columbia Marriott

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...