5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 30, 2012 2:32 PM by erc RSS

Marriott Cornhusker Hotel No Longer a Marriott

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Don't know if everyone saw this, but apparently the Cornhusker lost it's affiliation with Marriott the last few days, to satisfy debt.  I think I read somewhere else that it lost the Marriott Affiliation because it didn't do renovations it was supposed to do.  Here's a link to the USA article I saw:

http://travel.usatoday.com/hotels/post/2012/02/marriott-eliminates-cornhusker-lincoln-from-system/621658/1

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Lincoln, Nebraska, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts The Cornhusker, A Marriott Hotel
  • Re: Marriott Cornhusker Hotel No Longer a Marriott
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Tryt,

Sorry to hear that.  Likewise, Evansville, IN lost their Marriott as well. 

Frankly, some of these Marriott properties were pretty "Tired".  In Evansville, I have really been please with the newer RI.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

phidelt Platinum 60 Reviews

I heard last week that the hotel formerly known as the Cornhusker Marriott in Lincoln was coming through bankruptcy and trying to get their Marriott status back.  I wholeheartedly endorse and support Marriott restoring their Marriott service.  The hotel may be a little dated, but it's certainly no more dated than some of the Marriotts I have stayed in.  I thought the food and service were quite good when I stayed there this year.  So, if anyone from Marriott's reading this, I would appreciate you working with the owners of the Cornhusker to restore its Marriott status.  Great location and the best place to stay when visiting the state capital.

rodgallagher Platinum 60 Reviews

There was an article in the Lincoln paper that the Cornhusker was changing hands again and would likely be getting it's Marriott affiliation back.  There was some serious money being tossed into renovations as well.  Anyone know when it will be a Marriott again?  I am tired of spending nights a the Embassy Suites and throwing my points into the Hilton bucket.

There is a new Hyatt Place being built nearby, I am hoping the Cornhusker is a Marriott before it is built so I can avoid adding yet a third bucket for points.

rod.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...