18 Replies Latest reply: Apr 18, 2015 12:43 PM by pluto77 RSS

Receipts by email getting slower?

jkk Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I've noticed in the last 60 days that the e-receipt that I receive from the hotel by email is now arriving 2-4 days after my hotel departure when it used to arrive within 24 hours.  For those of us that complete our expense reports quickly (and use programs like Expensify to electronically create expense reports), receiving the e-receipt any later than 24 hours defeats the purpose of having an e-receipt in the first place.  Has anyone else noticed a slow-down in the delivery of the e-receipt?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Receipts by email getting slower?
    razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

I've always been happy with the receipts I receive under the door or corrected copies at the desk if there is an error; however, I've recently signed up to get the email copies.  I'm sure other Insiders can accurately answer your question. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

mtgbrkrinfl Gold 1 Reviews

I stayed at a property this past weekend and checked out Sunday morning.  I always get the email copy of the bill for my records.  As of Thursday, I still have not received the email copy of my statement.  I also have noticed the nights haven't been credited as promptly as they used to be.  Those 2 nights are still not on my account.

I have noticed the emails have not been sent as quickly as in the past.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Greetings jkk - we've checked into the efolio system and hasn't experienced any service delays or disruptions. However the standard delivery time is between 48-72 hours. Is it possible your last few stays have been with a group? Those efolios can take longer to ensure accounts are posted correctly. Hope this helps.

mtgbrkrinfl Gold 1 Reviews

2 weeks has gone by and I never received my email folio.  finally had the hotel send it.  Had to fax it to marriott so I could get credit for my stay.  Going to watch this more closely in the future.  I always took it for granted stays were properly posted.  This one wasn't.  Took a lot of follow up and many emails and faxes to get it posted.

Still no standard email folio for that stay.  Staying at a property tonight... will see if it is fixed.

Greetings mtgbrkrinfl - if it's any consolation, eFolios are going to be accessible via My Account (for earning stays) later this year. So the information will be consolidated and accessible.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

OK and thanks

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

This is good news. Thanks for the heads up!

randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

Great idea to have them available online!

piedrarosa Member 7 Reviews

I just stayed at a Marriott which is not my preferred hotel group.  I normally stay at Hiltons.  It has taken me several days to finally have a hotel folio / receipt sent to me.

This is amazing in this day and age when we live an instant lifestyle.  Hilton have issued efolios for quite some time and had online folios for several years.

It takes from several days to a week to get the "Thanks for Staying" email.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Anadyr is correct.  It seems to me that different Brands take different amounts of time.  Full-service Marriotts seem to be the fastest, Renaissance seems to be the slowest.  go figure.

Always keep your folio so that if there is a dispute you have proof of staying

There are sometimes when it takes a little longer and in very rare cases I've had to call to verify and get posted.

yessam Platinum

I can show you many failures, up to 7 days from the checkout.

Far East Man Platinum 1 Reviews

Once again, it varies by hotel.  I have stayed and never received an email or credit for the stay.  I have called Marriott customer service for resolution.  It's frustrating that sometimes customer service will tell you to contact the hotel.  Ok, so what is the function of Marriott customer service?

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

My last two stays I am still waiting for email receipts and it's been a month and two months back.  Guess those receipts will not be coming at all!!!

Sounds like false advertising to me.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

I am batting 1000 for emailed receipts from US properties.  Additionally, I can go to my MR account, and under account activity, find the stay and then download a copy of the final bill.  No so with European properties.  No emailed receipt, and for the stay under account activity, it says to contact the hotel or go to hotel website.  Of course there's no email address, which means an international call, or the hassle of contacting reservations and asking them to look up an email address, then the emailing, etc. etc. etc.  so I take the time to have a final bill printed and handed to me at the end of each stay, and also because it's easier to have any corrections applied in the moment instead of having to wrestle with it later.  So far, so good.  If the points or nights don't show up within 10 days, I'm on the phone to Marriott.  Again, so far, so good.  I do understand that this can amount to some frustrations for frequent int'l business travelers if things don't work like they should.  Time is valuable.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...