5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 11, 2012 12:41 PM by tef6178 RSS

San Francisco - Ritz or JW Marriott?

kellymae Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Visiting San Francisco for leisure - Ritz or JW Marriott?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
San Francisco, California, USA The Ritz-Carlton The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco
San Francisco, California, USA JW Marriott JW Marriott San Francisco Union Square
  • Re: San Francisco - Ritz or JW Marriott?
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

kellymea,

Been to the JW, and really enjoyed it.  The food was superb, and the lounge was memorable.  Never stayed at the Ritz, but I am sure it is very good as well.

Good luck in deciding, you can't go wrong!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

The cost differential is substantial and while the Ritz has a club floor it also costs about $100 more per night to stay there.  If you're going to be in the heart of the city (Union Square) I'd recommend the JW

pusher Platinum 3 Reviews

Just a thought but the Marriott Marquis has been a great stop for us.  The valet was very welcoming.  We are platinum members and even during a busy convention time we were upgraded to a suite with a great view in a recently renovated section.  The View lounge is a great place for a martini and the staff has been wonderful.  I have stayed here several times and it is always a wonderful memory.  I have not stayed at the JW or Ritz so cant compare but the Marquis has been great to us.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

pusher,

Yes, this is a very special place to stay as well.  You can't go wrong.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

You can't go wrong with any of these hotels, including the Marquis. I have always found that I spend little time in my room when in SanFran. It's such a great city to be out exploring.

If at the Ritz, I don't think you get lounge access without paying for it. The JW has the better Concierge Lounge, but the Marquis has the "View' Lounge (on top of the hotel) as pusher noted and that is probably the best view in the city.

Enjoy the stay!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...