Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

41 Replies Latest reply: Feb 17, 2012 2:40 PM by anadyr Branched from an earlier discussion. RSS

Forum monitoring and moderation

kayjbee Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Well we know that they can change policy when the want. Once Romney decided to run for President, adult entertainment was pulled from all Marriott establishments. Just like that, no questions or opionions from the guest.Do they even monitor this forum?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum Premier "undocumented" features
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I know that it's monitored by at least three Marriott Rewards folks at HQ.  Also Jive has some type of automated filtering system to weed out bad things, at least I hope they do, since Liveworld, the previous vendor, did as well.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

kayjbee -- did they do away with adult entertainment in 2006?

kayjbee Platinum

No and that was one of the complaints the far right had about Romeny. They fixed it this time around. Church and state is one thing Church and business is another appartently.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

You're entitled to your opinion.  Isn't this a great country!!

dejamo Platinum

Next week I expect to have 2 shows nitely M- W at the Boston Marriott Cambridge.......... then only 1 show nightly the week of 2/14 - 2/18 (Tues - Sat) at the JW Guanacaste resort in Guanacaste Costa Rica !  If those don't pan out you can catch us at the Doubletree Hilton Resort in Puntarenas Costa Rica 2/23 - 2/27.......... 

At least there should be some interesting shows within the group I am traveling with to those locations ! 

wont be hard to find us (look towards the bars).

Message was edited by: communitymanager

dejamo Platinum

Get a grip Marriott..................

Based on the email I recieved from the community Gestapo, the above post was edited for commercial promotion ?

My above reply was in response to another thread someone started titled "Adult Entertainment"   ( or similar).

So let me get this right,  if prudy 2 shoes doesnt like what someone says,  it is "edited" by the SS and buried in an unrelated thread ?

Lovely.................

which post was edited?

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Sounds like the one where dejamo was advertising the dates his group was performing.

Aha, I thought he was kidding, but he was serious?

dejamo Platinum

The funny thing was, there is no commercial "group", just a bunch of crazy buddies hanging out at the bars after the obligatory fishing trips in Costa Rica,

and after business meetings in Boston, which anyone with even a remotely warped sense of humor like mine could tell was a joke.

(ONE OF THE TRIPS REFERED TO IS AT THE DOUBLE TREE HILTON RESORT IN PUNTARENAS COSTA RICA, WHERE I USED POINTS FOR AN ALL INCLUSIVE REWARD, WHICH CAN NO LONGER BE DONE WITH MARRIOTT -------------HINT HINT MARRIOTT !!!!!!!!!!). Between all in my group, thats about 4 million points you could have stuffed back in your coffers, and a large amount of $$ you miss from us on the incidentals, excursions, and other miscellaneous (mis)adventures we will undoubtedly partake in.

Just goes to show that if you "offend" the Gestapo,  they will ship your post off and bury deep in Siberia.

I guess it depends on the state of evolvement,  as a while back I posted an extremely complimentary email and it was edited, because I included the verboten fruit...............the first name and title of a few of the "associates".   Now we are recognizing them right and left in detail for award recognition.

SS, the post title I replied to was where has all the "Adult entertainment" gone (or similar).  The post intent was that it is very entertaining to watch our group of "adult" good friends at the bars we will be attending.

Getting to the point where I am going to have to finally listed to the words from my dear departed mother (for once) ---------"if you dont have something nice to say, dont say anything !

The nice things are few and far between, that coupled with the abundant lip service, and benefit degradation are beginning to not be worth the trouble...  Sometimes I would rather be having root canal---without the anesthesia........

I hear you and feel your pain, having been censored a time or two!

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

All the best, we only ask that everyone abide by the terms of use. Sounds like a fun trip with your buddies.

huh?  Were you speaking to Dejamo?

kayjbee Platinum

Yeah, our comunity manager is about a week late.

dejamo Platinum

Reading between the cryptography, I have no clue, but probably.

Still perplexed as to what T&C was breached,  but really doesnt matter any longer as the Gestapo has had it's say, and I am guilty. 

I'm just curious what thread this will be posted to...............

kayjbee Platinum

The thread isnt even in order. Good luck trying to make sense out of all of this. I understood your first post, so all of this is kinda of funny/stupid.

dejamo Platinum

Agreed,  it was moved,  buried, or otherwise misdirected strangely.  Other than purposely, I don't see how.

kayjbee,

I have seen where threads can be moderated, branched off, or even just an entry deleted, and that causes the flow to not make much sense.  It seems to be a fault of the design of the application (Jive) that they are using, or the way it is being implemented.  For example, we have had people leave the site and remove their comments when they left.  The strange thing is when you delete your comments, it gives you the option of deleting everything nested under you comment, or having everything under your deleted comment belong (show it responds to) to the comment above it.  Either scenario can cause things to read really weird.

I agree we need Pingreeman back to fix this!!

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Where is Pingreeman?  He hasn't posted in a while.

Quien sabe? as we say out here.  Gone as is Versel from the daily grind!

prof,

He left us, removed most of his posts that he could find, and then it looks like he had his ID disabled (at least that's what I see when I look at his profile).  I know I was sorry to see him go, and he brought a hage amount of positive things to the site, but I think he found this site was going in a direction that he didn't agree with.

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Hi Tryt53,

I for one miss Pingreeman a lot.  He did not always agree with things (nor do I) but I think he brought a high level of discourse to our travel conversations. I hope he'll come back!
                                        ProfC

He was among the best data collectors around and I wish him well where ever he lands.

I think there was a feeling that you were hawking a business and that's against the rules

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

wow, that would seem to eliminate MANY posts.  any time anyone mentions a competitor or Marriott's, it could be construed as "hawking" another business. I hope you are wrong in your assessment.

I agree Andy.  Perhaps a tutorial on them would help?

dejamo,

Well put.  Also, you and I had the same mother I see!  Things do seem to keep changing with Marriott.  Benefits and recognition seem to be going downhill, and higher technology courting of new members seems to be increasing.  Sometimes it seems like Marriott is more interested in attracting new business, than keeping long time frequent users.  If so, that's a very poor self-destructive business model.

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

tryt 53,All this is interesting..and with you and I supposedly being stewards ("ambassors") for the Insiders, we don't get much response either. Before you know it, our time as stewards will be over...such is life!!!

Are there term limits for Stewards?

SS,

Yes, the Stewards were supposed to be for 6 months, so probably about 2 1/2 months left on our terms.

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

I never see any posts anymore from a couple of the stewards...maybe their term has already expired.

what ever happened to Versel???

Shoeman,

I can't speak to what happened to Versel.  I haven't seen any activity from his ID since the Stewards started.  I think the others have tried to stay pretty active.  I have posted just a little less than I did for a while, due to some old conversations about frivolous posting that we had going on for a while.  I just have tried to keep on topic as much as I can, when I have something to add

I think you guys (gals) have done a great job.  I'm sure it is not easy walking the fine line.   Also, seems like it's a thankless job.  That said, THANK YOU for serving!  each of you.....

Thank you shoeman.  That means a lot!

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Thanks for the nice comments shoeman.I hope you have applied to be a steward also as I think you would add a lot of value to this site as our term ends in a few months and we need Insiders like you to contribute your experience and knowledge to this site. I just got off a 5 day, 4 night cruise on the Coral Princess at the Great Barrier Reef with no internet access. I felt cut off from the world. However, the trip was incredible and I would highly recommend seeing the Great Barrier Reef this way. When I get a chance, I will post some of my experiences here in Australia. I am currently at the Marriott in Brisbane and fly off to Auckland, New Zealand tommorrow till 28 February 2012!!

Jasper,

I can hardly to wait to see the pictures from the Great Barrier Reef.  That is something I have always wanted to see!

Jasper

you are a lucky man!  I hope to do the same (travel) once I get to retirement. 

• Re: Forum monitoring and moderation
    dejamo Platinum

Check the dungeon for Versel !

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...