7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 10, 2013 11:16 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Questions about Rome Marriotts & 3 people in a room in Italy ?

willy Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Looking for info on Marriotts in Rome, Italy? Any tips on where to (or not to ) stay. Also, wife and I are meeting our daughter there and can't seem to find normal rooms that will accomodate 3 people. Is this normal for Italy, or Europe? Hotels want to only put us in a family suite, and you guessed it they don't allow the use of points for these rooms. Very frustrating having all the points, being a lifetime Platinum, etc, etc. Seems foolish to have to book 2 rooms, would be more inclined to go outside the Marriott family and find other options. Any tips or experiences would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Willy

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Questions about Rome Marriotts & 3 people in a room in Italy ?
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

willy,

You may need to take along a "Blow-up" air bag for someone.  That may sound crude, but I have done that with the blessing of the hotel front desk.  Just take an extra small suitcase and use it for the airbag and used cloths on the return flight.

Good luck.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

cadave1969 Platinum 7 Reviews

Jerry,

Did you actually do this in Italy or somewhere else? I've talked to people that say they are very strict with occupancies in Italy, and even require you to surrender passports when checking into hotels, so you can't even bring people in after the fact. I'm hoping you are right, because I'm getting ready for a trip to Rome also.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

cadave,

Did it in Switzerland and had no problem!  Did not do it in Italy.

Did see today that the Grand Flora in Rome, allows three people in a room.  Do not know about others, but did have three of us in a room at The Marriott, Monte Carlo, multiple times, and never had a problem there as well.

Good luck!  You may want to get the "Hot line", to assist you!

jferraina Platinum 60 Reviews

I've stayed at the Flora in a premium room that overlooked the street.  One large bed, and a chair, bathroom and closet.   I was thinking of bringing my son and I'm glad I didn't.  He would have slept on the floor.  I was told that if you book a "business" suite a 3rd person could stay in a roll away.

I Would contact your Rewards vacation counselor and have them contact the hotel directly.  I think the business hotel in Rome is closer to the airport.  The Flora is next to the roman wall, and short distance to the Spanish steps.  We walked everywhere.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Hi Willy,

My mom booked a room on points at the Grand Flora for 3 of us last year.  There was no "up" charge.  When we arrived, the hotel didn't have us slated for a room for 3 for some reason, but they worked their magic and set us in a fantastic room that had a full sized living room with a sofa sleeper and a chair - lots of space (and a complimentary bottle of wine), and then beyond the living room through a door was an  equally fantastic master bedroom, very roomy with a roomy bathroom as well.  (The sink area was rather small, but the overall square footage was ample).

So I don't know if we got the "special" room because of the mix up or not, but we did have a reservation on points for 3, with no extra charge to begin with, so I know the GF does that.  Additionally, the last night that we were there, we needed to have a rollaway brought in and placed in the living room as we had to accomodate 5 people that last night (long story), and they were VERY gracious about the whole affair.

The GF is a truly fantastic hotel (3rd time I've used that adjective), with a professional staff and I would highly recommend it over the Boscolo down the street (smaller rooms, not nearly as sumptuous) or the Courtyard Rome Central Park.  You will be in for a real treat at the Grand Flora.

If you book on points, do it a year in advance.  The points rooms go fast.  Or else keep checking back on the reservation website for cancellations.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...