11 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2012 8:04 PM by anadyr RSS

ProfChiara at the Power Tower in Istanbul

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

As I practice with photos to try and do a blog on Istanbul, I will start with my favorite. 101_0786_1.JPGHere I am with Mustafa and Evit at the power tower in Asian Istanbul last week.  I leave it to you to decide whether this was a tour (as the van implies).  If so, what destination did the tour take me to?  Are Shoeman and SS right about my cover?  You be the judge. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• ProfChiara at the Power Tower in Istanbul
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Never carry a purse that large unless you're concealing your large caliber "piece" or sat phone!!!!  :Looks like a great "tour!"

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: ProfChiara at the Power Tower in Istanbul

Those and so much more, SteppingStones.  That purse is simply a prop necessary to carry out my assignments and look like the smiling tourist .

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

To All

At the risk of a wikileaks event, I must tell you there are multiple "clues" offered in the pic as to what was REALLY happening.  To get everyone started solving this international mystery, here's something to get you started.  Click on the photo and it will enlarge considerably.  I'm not certain, but is the gentleman on the Prof's left exerting some influence on the prof with his hand on her back? Is that a 'taser' in his right hand?  And why does the other fellow keep his hands hidden in his coat pocket??? Is the smile on her face really a 'signal' to her handlers?  I suspect that us Insiders could fashion a tale as to what was going on that cold winter day in Instanbul.......

Shoeman,

Please feel free to speculate!  After all, I am safely back in Maine.  There are most assuredly multiple clues, not least of which are the power towers and lines.  I would like to see what other Insiders might speculate about 'This Situation'.  I do believe we have a mystery unfolding.  It is, after all, a most telling photo.

The one and only absolutely true clue I will give is that it occurred on the Asian side of Istanbul, not the European side.

So, was the smiling done for the sake of a nice restauranteur who took our photo?  Or was it more sinister?  You be the judge.

PC:

hand signals noted, towers noted, card in windshield noted.  Good job 007.5!

Did you note, 007, that there were a FEW cards in the windshield, all the while that I smiled?

Was that you SS, reflected in the windshield ? Oh my, cover blown.

well you found me out. that was me dressed as a fakir: oops wrong country, thank you for doing those hand signals remind me of the women in the Renaissance paintings where there's some symbolism when hands are held. But the good news is your cover is safe only 36 million people know who you are

as the famous song goes you got a know when to hold them and know when to fold them. So best of luck

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

I like the spot next to the front fender of the van on the stone wall where one of the stones is outlined in black. Most people probably look at it as a wall repaired....but it's probably the 'drop spot' for exchanges when they remove the rock to expose the hidden message or item.......or place one in there.....

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Professor,

I cannot blow the picture up enough to identify the road signs behind you.  Having never been to Istanbul, I could not guess correctly.  A memorable picture, and this may take agent 99 1/2 (code name Jasper), to solve this one.

Thanks for the pleasant picture, and good luck in the game tomorrow!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...