41 Replies Latest reply: Feb 9, 2012 9:11 PM by painedplatinum RSS

Received new MR card yet?

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone received their 2012 MR cards yet?  I haven't and mine expires this month.

ProfChiara

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Received new MR card yet?
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Like you professor I have not--was it something I said or did, or for for rooting for the Giants?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Well, SS, if you were rooting for the Giants it serves you right (since you spend half of your time on Cape Cod).  But since I haven't gotten mine either, it's seems to be a systemic problem.

• Re: Received new MR card yet?

but I will know if I have a problem with Marriott rewards if the envelope in which the card comes reads occupant!  or if the expiration date on the card is 2008! I sure hope the card arrives the next couple weeks. Even though front desk personnel never ask for it they have a way of checking on their computer screens to see if in fact I have made the grade. I want to ensure that the cards in my wallet and then I can in fact yank it out to show that I am once again legal :-)

etharris Platinum 8 Reviews

Yes, I did get mine a few weeks ago. I had requested one because the old one was getting rough looking. Perhaps I received it earlier than most is due to that.

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

I got mine weeks ago.  I don't remember exactly when but the letter is dated December 2011.  My 2012 membership card and my membership benefits booklet came at the same.  I am basic platinum, so maybe they are sending them by elite level.  Who knows?

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

nada

Are all of you who haven't gotten your card yet above basic platinum?

I am PP

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

ss

how do you know that you are?  my key holder tonite say platinum premier, but last week it said platinum. 

I called the  Premier desk  with him and confirmed that I was reinstated for 2012

Is there a special key holder? I have been getting the gray (platinum?) with the same color keys. If I don't get that special key holder, I'm taking my business to Holiday Inn.

Mine is special and made of Platinum (I wish!)

Raz,

My account now says Platinum Premier. I haven't been notified officially by Marriott, but that's what it says.

As long as that is what's shown there it should be OK, but they reset everything this month and from time to time there are some glitches (downgrades among them that need repair) so keep a close eye on it all.

thanks for the sound advise.

dear Shoman, always  better to assume that these systems are incorrect. I find that I am checking over all of my electronic accounts on a weekly basis just to be sure that everything is okay.That's one of the reasons that I signed up for what is called triple advantage credit reporting, just to keep my credit rating above water.

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

No, I am only basic Platinum and barely that

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

I am just a lowly Lifetime Platinum Member..I did not get it prior to heading for Australia, so it could be sitting in my mail1111

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Got mine a while ago...early January I think.

that's strange, I would think they would mail all within a short window....

I guess there are so many members over 36 million that is hard to mail them all at one time?

drcphx Platinum

No I have not received my card as of today. I looked I am a lifer and a Premier since I only stayed at the marriotts 174 nights last year.Whoo!! I must be traveling entirely too much!!

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

I got mine in the mail a couple of weeks ago.  I'm just curious though.  Does anybody actually carry those cards with them anymore?  If there's ever a question, can't the hotel just look it up on their computer system?  I haven't carried mine probably since the first year I got one.

I don't carry my cards (plural) in my wallet either.  I have always been told by the front desk associate that my card number is on file and occasionally that my platinum card number is on file and rarely at my platinum Premier card is on file.

I carry mine in my wallet out of habit I guess.  I do like having the phone numbers readily available.  I carry my other cards like Delta and Hertz only when I think I might need them.

I do have the PP desk on speed dial, I forgot to mention that.

I also have Marriott reservations and customer service numbers on my cell phone.  It just seems to me that for what Marriott spends on those cards, they could offer a bunch of weekend breakfasts. 

good point! I just wish Marriott could somehow list those benefits by elite membership level that are always guaranteed and those for which we have a chance

good point steppingstones.  maybe Marriott computer programmers could install some of those annoying pop ups to remind the desk clerk of the "required" benefits and of the "if at all possible" benefits. 

Ayup as they say in Mass and ME!

Yes, I do carry my card in my wallet, because while I have both an American and a European cell phone, the latter is not an Android or IPhone, just a basic Mobalphone. It is also useful to get a 20% discount on hotel meals and in gift shops (if I remember to use it).  But most importantly, when used abroad, it is a reminder to the employee when you check in that you are a PP, Platinum, Gold or whatever member.  I whip it out along with my Marriott Rewards Premier VISA card, my passport and my reservation.  So there's really no excuse when in that case I am not recognized.  Usually I am, but there have been instances...

ProfC

To quote the DEVO song from the 80's....Prof

When a problem comes along (you must whip it)

Before the cream sits out too long (you must whip it)

When something's going wrong (you must whip it)

Whip out that MR card and let them have it!

iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews

Got mine about a month ago.

platinumstar Platinum 3 Reviews

I may have Platinumstar as my name on the insiders but Marriott think I'm the understudy and not the star, I haven't my new Marriott card yet!

It doesn't fit the context, but there is a cool song by China Crisis called Understudy.  And, no, I have not received my card yet. But I'll annotate the lyrics:

Do you wear a smile [when you first check in]

dress up all the time [when you first go out]

feel real satisfied [when you got an upgrade]

always by my side [well, let's hope not too close]

I do believe your mine [Marriott thinks so]

want you for all time [prove it]

Do you wear a crown [a BW Gold Crown card?]

reigning over me [prove your merits]

feel real confident [when I get that upgrade]

always on my mind [will my points show up?]

I do believe your mine [Marriott, you can make me so]

want you for all time [but you have to try]

Baby, now I see it well [is the writing on the wall?]

maybe time and time will tell [I guess it will]

for the understudy [all of us, waiting, listening, hoping for enlightenment]

Do you count the days [yes, each time I don't get my points and have to call]

knowing my indecision [should I go elsewhere?]

promises I have made [but you have too]

fueled with deep suspicion [indeed!]

I do believe your mine [I'd like it to be so]

want you for all time [just bring back the good stuff, we're not an old married couple]

Baby, now I see it well [too well?]

yes it's true that time will tell [yes, indeed]

for the understudy [to become Pl, PP, or SS's Plutonium]

ProfChiara

Quoted from, with horrible annotations:

More lyrics: http://www.lyricsmania.com/the_understudy_lyrics_china_crisis.html

All about China Crisis: http://www.musictory.com/music/China+Crisis

good tune and no card for me eihter

How about this catchy number.... Sung to the tune of "Please Mr. Postman" by the Marvelletes.

(Stop)
        Oh yes, wait a minute Mister Postman
        (Wait)
        Wait Mister Postman

Please Mister Postman, look and see
        (Oh yeah)
        If there's a letter in your bag for me
        (Please, Please Mister Postman)
        Why's it takin' such a long time
        (Oh yeah)
        For me to hear from that FAVORITE HOTEL CHAIN of mine.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...