5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 5, 2012 10:08 AM by anadyr RSS

Additional costs with Reward Points redemption.

ponce Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We're staying at the Key largo Bay Marriott in the near future via Reward Points.  We also have to pay an additional $60 plus tax per night fee.  Is it common to have additional costs when using Points.  This doesn't seem reasonable to me.  Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Additional costs with Reward Points redemption.
    366713196 Platinum

I have never had to pay a fee of any sort. I did pay for parking though. There seems to be variations with policies with possibly franchised owned or corporate owned properties?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

No, it is not.  Not to my knowledge or experience.  The only reasons I can think of for costs above and beyond are :  1.  paying for a room upgrade.  or 2.  paying a mandatory resort fee.  It would seem neither of these would apply to this situation.  I would give the property a call.

ponce Platinum 1 Reviews

Thanks for your help.  This reservation was made several months ago and an upgrade might have been requested.  This is likely the cause of the additional costs.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

still make the call.  usually when you simply request an upgrade, there is no addtl cost involved.  It's only when you pay for an upgrade up front to guarantee the upgrade.

• Additional costs with Reward Points redemption.
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I had the chance but declined to pay additional cost for the Presidential Suite in Key West.  That was the only points room left

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...