11 Replies Latest reply: Feb 5, 2012 10:05 AM by shoeman1000 RSS

Evansville, IN. any suggestions?

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Spending next week in Evansville at the RI.  Anyone have a suggestion on "What not to miss"?

Have camera, will travel!  That's too corny for even my buddy NUHusker, but, if you have something to see or do, let me know.

Lastly, I am sure sorry the Marriott is gone, and been replaced by another hotel chain.  It was the best property in town.

Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Evansville, Indiana, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Evansville East
  • Evansville, IN. any suggestions?
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

perhaps Jerry it is a Hilton hotel and then you can get your upgrade

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Evansville, IN. any suggestions?
      shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Jerry

sorry to hear the Marriott is gone.  It definitely was the best place in town.  Not sure if this is your cup of tea, but I have often gone to a little bar/restaurant called The Hornets Nest.   It's a few miles from the airport.  I have had the fried chicken (great), steak, and prime rib at one time or the other.  It's more or less a hole in the wall, but good service and great food.  Oh, the onion rings are really good also.

There is a nice HGI, that I have ate ate before, but I want to get that contest maximum, 50K points this Spring.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Just about a 2 hr ride to Louisville, KY.... nice town.

Home of:

Muhammad Ali aka The Louisville Lip, The Peoples Champion, and The Greatest.

Diane Sawyer,  ABC World News anchor

and...... The Colonel himself.....Harland David Sanders.

All three have their likenesses hanging from street lamp posts. 

PP,

I won't be able to make it to Louisville this trip, but thanks for the suggestion.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

http://www.wegotbrains.com/

This place was feaured on the Food Network.  Manly food.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...