38 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2012 10:12 PM by tef6178 RSS

Super Bowl XLVI - where will you be watching?

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate
Currently Being Moderated

Football fan can finally rejoice - the big game is finally here (Super Bowl XLVI: Patriots vs. Giants).

Where will you be watching? Any local tips for prime viewing? Share pics if you have them.

If you'd like, you can also vote in our poll for the team you're rooting for this weekend.

Super Bowl XLVI - who are you rooting for?

If you're in Indy for the big game, let us know if you see Courtyard's Lobby Zone!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Super Bowl XLVI - where will you be watching?
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

I travel 3-4 nights a week.  I will be on the couch at home with my wife enjoying her company, and the game as well. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Hey, if you like chick fil-A, and I do, they've got their party platters buy one get one free.  I ordered mine today.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

I keep getting reminded that the Cowboys aren't in it this year, so I don't feel a chill down my leg for either team, but just to keep it interesting my wife and I will pull for the Giants just because of Manning.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Will be replicating these guys by relaxing on the couch at home, with my Chick Fil-A.  Don't have a favorite.

• Super Bowl XLVI - where will you be watching?
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I'll be in the owner's box at Indy, at least in my dreams.  We do not have HDTV TVs but have pestered friends who do to invite us over.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

SS,

One time I was a guest of Georgia Frontierre, the owner of the Rams.  It was a Monday night game against the Washington Redskins, it was memorable, but if you came to watch the game it was terrible.  There were so many politicians and distractions that it was not a good place to watch a game.  The Rams lost, and I don't even remember what year it was.  The event at the game was to raise money for Christopher Reeves charity for spinal injury recovery.  Please understand, I am not bragging, it's just one of those things that you feel fortunate to have done, but could care less ever to do again.

The saying, "Be careful what you wish for, because you may just get them". I have experienced the results of this many times! 

She was very nice and may she R.I.P., by the way I spent the night in the great St. Louis Marriott.  Likewise, the new owner Stan Kroenke, has been very professional and friendly as well.

PTDC0029.JPG

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

I will be watching the Super Bowl on my 42" plasma TV at home alone.  When I watch Patriots games I cannot be around other people because I scream at the television and sometimes throw things, become deeply intolerant of and hostile toward people who talk about things other than football, and if things do not go well I do not like being seen crying in public.

GO PATS!!!!

ProfChiara

Professor

We hope for the best for both teams and for a great game.  Actually adverts are the best, the game seems an afterthought, and of course there's the Madonna halftime show (when I will be outside considering my life and the universe).

ADS ARE THE BEST???  This is why I cannot watch football with human beings!!!

At least we know the ads are sincere  And we may never buy Have yoy anything they sell but they prolong the game and keep us from falling asleep during it! (can you tell I am mad that the 49ers were not in the game and am rooting for the Giants?) Have you seen the one on the net of Jerry Seinfeld and the Acura NSX--hilarious, even includes the famous Soup Nazi and Roswell Aliens!

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Prof

I'm with you!  It kills the day after when folks are talking about the Ads....   SS  - that would be akin to someone, upon reading your new novel, telling you how much they enjoyed the artwork on the cover.....  

Go Pats!!!

Ah Shoeman, a kindred spirit!  I...am...ready...for...some...FOOTBALL!

Last time I watched a playoff or Super Bowl with a human being it was at my parish manager's house, and while I loved the HUGE TV they had, the women were talking about other events, the kids wanted to play with things, even one of the men started discussing some other nonsense.  I held my tongue as much as possible, but nearly got kicked out.  Since then I watch it by myself and enjoy the GAME!

I take all compliments even snide ones about my cover--which I designed by the way  Anyway the commercials allow those inflated player salaries to keep being raised as well as the ticket prices.

I must reply to this one.  Tom Brady took a cut in salary a few years back so they could pay for Randy Moss and others.  Despite the stupid tweets of Gisele, Brady gives all for the TEAM.  The Pats often cut high salary (even extremely good ones) to get team players. And let's hear it both for Mr. Kraft, who helped make sure there was a season this year, and for his beloved deceased wife Myra. The team is playing for them, even more than for themselves.  MHK.

Mrs. Kraft was a great inspiration to everyone, and died while we were on the Cape. I have never seen such an outpouring of gracious comments about her spirit and her wisdom and her generosity.  Playing for her and wearing her initials on jerseys makes it special for every Patriot. 

But this is a game played by millionaires of incredible talent.  And someone needs to pay for those folks and for the owners too, like Jerry Jones, who build billion dollar monuments to themselves and the team they own.  In another sport, Tim Linceum, of the SF Giants graciously accepted only 20 million dollars for a two year contract to pitch.  Barry Zito, on the other hand, is in the middle of a one hundred and seven million dollar, seven year contract and has won a maximum of 11 games in a season.  So call it a game,but I call it a business that is fun to watch--and Eli is my man!

It may be a business at heart, but the Pats have always been a team WITH heart.  People can like or dislike Bill Belichick, but every bit of me since I wanted to be a sports writer starting in the 1970s understood the concept of 'team'.  I remember the Chicago Blackhawks, who despite Bobby Hull, never got much of anywhere.  But the Boston Bruins, with Esposito, Orr, Sanderson, etc. did well. As did the Flyers with Bobby Clarke, André Lacroix, Bernie Parent, etc.

Where were the Colts without their star this year?  The year Brady was done in by that idiot Pollard (as he did to Welker and Bronk), the nearly never having played Matt Cassel took them to 11 wins because he stood by and learned from Brady on the sidelines.  Compare that to Brett Favre, who said about his backup Aaron Rodgers "It's not my job to be his mentor."  Well I guess Aaron showed him.  But the Pats are a team, and while they occasionally lose, it's team work, each player being able to play many positions and BB and Brady's play calls that makes it work.

We've been winning ugly this year, but the last three times we were winning ugly -- instead of pretty -- we won Super Bowls.  That's because of teamwork.

ProfC

sdbroker Platinum

I'll be watching the game from the Champions Sports bar located at the Courtyard in downtown Ft Wayne, IN.  A big party is planned with Miller Lite girls, Jack Daniels girls, ribeye specials and, of course, lots of drink specials.  Not quite Indy, but close enough!!

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

We have about 70 coming (so far, but we think that's it) starting with sunset from the 3rd floor deck looking out over the gulf and then five minutes after sunset the Super Bowl game starts......we've been preparing for about four days now and think we're finally set. Chili, burgers, cornbread, salads, meat platters, desserts, pork roast......and on it goes. We did it in 2008 also for Super Bowl XLII...that last meeting between the Giants and Pats. We're looking for a better outcome this time. If you're in the neighborhood stop by.

And I'll be taping the game in case I miss something while I'm repleneshing beer, wine and cocktails..........

GO PATS!!!!!

Hi Tef,

Surely you can enlist someone to replenish while you watch the game???

ProfC

Prof,

I'd love to 'punt' that job, but I did invite everyone so I like them to be able to enjoy.......hopefully they'll take care of it themselves but my wife gets upset if I'm not a good 'host'......

Hey Tef,

Does your wife like football?  I'm a woman, but it seems to me that the non-football person of whatever sex should do the non-sports entertaining. You can quote me.

ProfC

Hi Prof:

She's a big Patriots fan, but not a Red Sox fan (and I watch EVERY game during Red Sox season on DirecTV)...so I gotta cut her some slack time for the Pats in the Super Bowl. She'll watch he SB too but we'll both have the chance to catch anything we might miss since we record it. If she was a non-footballer, that would be a different story.

Go Pats!

sounds like a wonderful wonderful party teff and I wish we could all be there

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Wilmington, DE..... Downtown CY

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...