1 2 3 7 Previous Next 104 Replies Latest reply: Oct 10, 2012 12:44 AM by alrenaissance RSS

Las Vegas Cosmopolitan

traveler2 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I just booked 3 nights at the Cosmo in Vegas on points. What can I hope for as far as upgrades? Concierge level? Strip view? Larger room?  What has your experience been there as far as being upgraded?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
  • 1. Re: Las Vegas Cosmopolitan
    designdeva Platinum 3 Reviews

Have stayed here a number of times.  Have been upgraded several times but not always.  The rooms are very nice and even their basic room is spacious and very well done.  For P members you will be given free breakfast at their buffet.  It is truly outstanding and anyone would enjoy the food.  If you are P member when checking in or out be sure to use the special desk to the far left of the counter.   I think it says 'invited guests'.  The lines can be long and this is a real perk.  Great place to stay and I am sure you will enjoy yourself.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• 2. Re: Las Vegas Cosmopolitan
    traveler2 Platinum

Thanks for the tip. I am platinum. Did you have to ask for the upgrade or breakfast or was it offered to you? Booked the terrace studio but wonder if the extra 15,000 points is worth the upgrade. If it got us a better view it might be worth it!! Thoughts?

• 3. Re: Las Vegas Cosmopolitan
    alrenaissance Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

I just stayed there last month. Was upgraded at no cost for being a "P" memberto their "wrap-around suite" which is unbelievably nice. 3 sliding glass doors, 2 huge Japenese style showers, the whole nine yards. Ask at the desk on the far left when you check in for elite members. They were very accomodating for my first time there.

I will post pictures in the next several days.

3 things you should definately know.

1) You do not get buffet vouchers at check-in. They are already incorporated into your room key, so when you go to the buffet (8am to 2 pm) you go to a special lane and will be immediately seated. They will probably not even tell you that you are entitled to this at check-in, they assume to think you already know. That is where a lot of confusion arises. The buffet is unbelievable and has everything from breakfast foods to soy drinks, roast turkey, sushi, too many items to even name. If need be, you can always inquire at the desk.There is just about anything there to satisfy any pallette.

2) Absolute best thing to do, even if you decide not to gamble, is to get a free players card before you even check-in, so that they can associate and affix it immediately to your marriott rewards account at check-in. It gives you points on anything from shopping, room rates, dining, even using your key to open up the pool or fitness area. Gambling too of course. I did not even gamble that much, but based on other expendatures you can crank up your players club status very quickly. I only stayed a few days and am half way to gold. When that occurs, the next time you go back (and I am sure you will) you will essentially be "double elite" and the perks are unbelievable. I signed up for the Cosmo email, and the perks they are offering me to come back are simply unbeleivable. Super worthwhile. I wil;never stay anywhere else in Vegas again except the Cosmo. You even get points on your free buffet as long as your players card is linked to your marriott card which links to your room key. Take one of your room keys with you EVERYWHERE! You actually get more points on most expendatures or activities that you do when linked then you do even gambling.

3) Your points will never automatically reflect in your Marriott rewards account based on some system glitch. Wait 7 days until after your stay, call Marriott rewards, and they will electronically look up your folio and credit real promptly. No big deal, also choose points as your Platinum ammenity. I believe the other choice is popcorn, no joke.

The Cosmo Rocks. And if the have any other questions, please feel free to let me know. I am a lifetime "P", and looked into every aspect of their system there, and already have my own "host" Just ask for one near end of stay. It is free, and they will really take care of you.

Look for my pictures sometime Sunday, and if you have any questions, please just ask me direct in conversations under username "alrenaissance" Have a great time, and I hope this was helpful!  Sincerely, Al.

Location Brand Hotel
    Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
  • 4. Re: Las Vegas Cosmopolitan
    traveler2 Platinum

Thanks so much. Curious as to what room type you originally booked. Was it on points? Looking forward to our stay there!!

• 5. Re: Las Vegas Cosmopolitan
    ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

Two different experiences:

• First time we stayed there (last year, soon after they opened), we booked the cheapest room, and we were upgraded to a superb room (that would qualify as a suite at most hotels - killer balcony, nice bedroom, large, separated sitting/living room);
    • When we returned this year (earlier this month), I again booked the cheapest room, but
      • they upgraded me one level (for being Platinum), and
      • we paid a small fee and upgraded another level.  Absolutely terrific room (at least by my standards), and we thought it was "worth it."

Some balcony photos (from this time) here: https://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/photoAlbums/1026

Also - their current platinum offer is either the arrival gift (points) or breakfast for two at the Wicked Spoon - TAKE THE BREAKFAST/BRUNCH - it's wonderful - you can read my riff on the brunch here: https://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/thread/9298

• 6. Re: Las Vegas Cosmopolitan

I am not sure of the room type, but it's original cost had a deck with balcony, city view, and on weekdays ran about $150. I did not use points. I would not waste the extra points as I am sure they will upgrade you. The wrap-around suite was running around $880.00 a night on weekends ($600 weekdays) which is what I got upgraded to. Quite a difference. Did not want to leave it.  Just be polite, smile and ask. I am sure they can do something for you. Also, I am not sure when exactly you are going, but on Sunday's only (I think noon to 5) at the Renaissance in Vegas they have all you can drink champagne, already split king crab legs, shrimp, prime rib, chocolate covered strawberries and more for $29.99 a person. ALL YOU CAN EAT! It was awesome. If I can be of more help, please let me know. Sorry I do not remember the exact room designation type. All I know is if you do everything right, you really get the hook up. Sometimes it helps to say things at the front desk like "tommorow is her birthday and I was wondering if for our stay it would be possible to get an upgrade....if you catch my drift. LOL!

Anymore specific questions, please feel free to ask. No bother at all.

• 7. Re: Las Vegas Cosmopolitan

They gave me both points and Wicked Sp[oon. I would certainly choose Wicked Spoon, but they gave me both, no questions asked (?)

• 8. Re: Las Vegas Cosmopolitan
    ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

OK - that's pretty funny.  The sheet they handed me at check-in said that I could get either, but I just checked, and it looks like I got the points too.

• 9. Re: Las Vegas Cosmopolitan

I know they seriously asked me if I wanted popcorn. Could not believe it! Anyway, it took me more than a few questions and a little personal reflection but I think I finally have the place figured out as in my original posting which "traveler2" asked. Funny part is I talked to numerous people at Marriott reservations, and rewards, and even the hotel itself, and everyone had different answers. Actually, to date, I am still educating reservations, guest services, and rewards about the place and how it works, and they seem truley appreciative of what I tell them. When the put all the pieces together, they indicate that it now makes sense and thank me. Took a lot of effort though. Have a good day/night, and maybe see you at the "Wicked Spoon" LOL!

• 10. Re: Las Vegas Cosmopolitan
    traveler2 Platinum

Just got this email.....guess it clears up some the questions! I am please they sent this! I'll let you know how it goes! Thanks Insiders for all your help!

As an esteemed Platinum Member of the Marriott Rewards program, we welcome you to the Cosmopolitan of Las VegasWe are honored you have chosen to stay with us.  We hope to create a memorable experience worth sharing.

As the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas is a part of the Marriott Autograph Collection, below are some of the benefits that are available to you as a Marriott Platinum guest:

• Complimentary Room Upgrade upon arrival, based upon availability at Check-In
    • Platinum Check-In – the last two stations in the lobby are dedicated to provide you with personal, expedited service and labeled “Platinum / Invited Guest”
    • The choice of one of the following:
      • Complimentary Breakfast for two to the Wicked Spoon Buffet for one day during your stay - “Platinum / Invited Guest” entry available
      • 500 Marriott Bonus Points
      • Welcome Amenity upon arrival
      • New Service: Complimentary Wi-Fi, Internet Service
      • Complimentary Limousine Upgrade when you reserve a Sedan to or from McCarran Airport, when reserved through a Platinum Elite Concierge
      • An extended check-out of 2pm to maximize your experience

• 11. Re: Las Vegas Cosmopolitan
    designdeva Platinum 3 Reviews

Good that you got the email.  This is, again, a reduction in benefits.  We have stayed here a number of times since they opened and were given the breakfast buffet for EACH day of our stay.

• 12. Re: Las Vegas Cosmopolitan
    luxinsider Platinum 1 Reviews

These "new" features are actually a service reduction. I stayed there for a week last year as a Plat and what I got was the following

• Room upgrade to Bellagio view (room same category as booked but upgraded view), and it certainly was a busy week.
    • Invited guests check-in
    • Free Breakfast Buffet for the entire duration of our stay
    • Bonus Points
    • Late checkout to 4 PM
    • WiFi was free inside the entire hotel

Too bad this property already starts to go downhill.

• 13. Re: Las Vegas Cosmopolitan
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

This is definitely an issue that the community manager can help explain.  As opposed to the Ritz conversation on a different thread, this hotel in particular had a 'inviting' policy toward Marriott Elites, and now seems to be backing away from that invitation.  The question that needs to be asked is: Is this a corporate move or a property decision?  and, Is this common amongst the Autograph Collection properties???

Very Disappointing!!!

• 14. Re: Las Vegas Cosmopolitan

Regardless of what others have to say (which is appreciated), my original post is based on my experience about 6 weeks ago. As I stated, I got the "whole nine yards", and if you combine your player's card and Marriott Plat, the comp's can be exceptional. I was treated with the utmost respect, and got "Wicked Spoon" for 2 EVERYDAY!  Great stay. I linked my Marriott/Players card together, and now I am getting great emails (like purchase 2 nights, get third free, plus a show of choice AND $50 comp for miscl, per  night). I will be putting great pictures on tommorow including being able to shake hands with Rod Stewart. Was awesome! Did not want to leave! Cosmopolitan Rocks!

1 2 3 7 Previous Next