6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 1, 2012 9:18 AM by anadyr RSS

Best SanFrancisco Marriott for Baseball?

thecamel Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hi guys,

Would like your help if I may.

My family and I are coming to the States from England for a week in June.

My little boy has got madly into baseball in the last few months and he is desperate to see a big league game.

I'm not sure of our exact dates yet, so I don't know if we can get to a Giants game or an A's game.

My question is: which SF Marriott would you stay at for each ballpark?

Not neccessarily the closest, the quality of the property is important too.

We won't have a car, so proximity is important too.

Thanks for any replies!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Best SanFrancisco Marriott for Baseball?
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

the camel,

I may be overruled on this, but I would stay at the Marriott or Cy on Fisherman's Wharf.  For a Grandson, the environment will be unforgettable.  You have so much to do, in addition to the baseball game. 

Good luck!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

I stayed at the Marriott Marquis for games in both SF and Oakland last year. My room looked down at the Giants stadium out the window. The metro works very well in the Bay area. Don't be afraid to use it. I took the metro system (called B.A.R.T.) to games in Oakland and it drops you off at a ramp to the stadium. It is very easy to walk into the Oakland stadium and out to the subway...just walk the ramp! The Marquis is a few blocks from the SF stadium. The only place closer is a Courtyard I think. There are other hotels in the downtown district close to the Marquis that are a little farther to the stadium, but you can take the metro (JW Marriot, Union Square Marriott, Stanford Court Renaissance). Don't forget to ride the trolley cars!

Metro system website    www.bart.gov

Happy travels!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

tef,

Thanks, because this is one of the many things I have not done.  This really helps all of us.  Thanks!

• Best SanFrancisco Marriott for Baseball?
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

There are a lot of options but our favorite is the Moscone Center Marriott, located near 4th and Market.  Big, yet small enough to cater to guests.  Near Union Square, near transportation and a short (relatively) walk to the park to see the Giants.

iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews

I also concur with the recommendation for the Marriott Marquis (Moscone Center).  A little over a mile walk to AT&T park, and a short walk to trolleys, Union Center, shopping, movies, restaurants, etc. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...