4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 31, 2012 5:24 PM by anadyr RSS

Using the Amazon model in Marriott lodging reservations?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Amazon.com is either very intuitive or they have great minds working on checking on me, or both.

For a couple weeks I have been looking at their pages to see, among other things, how my royalties are coming from Kindle sales (dismal is the best description), but at the same time I have wandered to the page that advertises Dragon naturally speaking software, a speech to text program now in its eleventh version.  Having worked on another program (now part of what is called SIRI) I was contemplating allowing my voice to type instead of my stubby fingers.  After five or days checking I was sent an email this am that the software was reduced by nearly two thirds as a promotion for Prime members like me!  So, it seems that Amazon checks the frequency of my visits then dangles a too good to be true offer my way in case I am wavering.

I was wondering if Marriott might be able to do that as well?  We have searched for deals at certain locations but not booked, but what if the gurus at HQ were to identify reluctant buyers and then offer a special, customized deal? They might have a confirmed reservation from me as a result.

Just a thought?  Any comments?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Using the Amazon model in Marriott lodging reservations?
    eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

I don't know about the effect of searches, but the occupancy rate does do that.  You can usually find extra points offered for areas doing poorly.  One part of a city, or one chain, might be offering special deals while another in the same city isn't.  But you can usually find better deals, too.  That's why a lot of the full service hotels offer discounts on weekends, IMHO.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Yep but it would be nice if they'd give us something else when they are fuller

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

Yep, yep, yep.  I think as a corporation ages, and the essence of what made it great seems more a slogan than a true mission, the customer finds that service diminishes not matter what his or her loyalty level.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...