8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 3, 2016 4:09 PM by NeoTrinity RSS

Maui HI

kpmcmahon Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Maui - Marriott Wailea Beach Resort. We are planning a trip to this location in Sep 2012. My husband and I were at this location 30 years ago when it was called The Intercontinental. At that time we stayed and rented a car all for $30.00 a day. Boy have times changed. I was happy to learn that it was turned in to a Marriott which is always our first choice. I was wondering if anyone had insight on getting the most out of our 30th wedding anniversary.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Maui, Hawaii, USA
  • Re: Maui HI
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Congratulations!

You will have a great time,this will be a special event!  This is a very special time.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

We also stayed there in its former incarnation. I'd tell them of the special occasion and let them make it equally special again.

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

We were contacted by the hotel (by email) prior to our 5 night point stay and were asked about our preferences, etc.  We were given arrival information and information in general about the resort.  We were upgraded to an oceanview room that had a lovely view.  We sure couldn't find a $30 a day rental car, but were able to use the $50 Hertz vouchers that we had gotten for buying Marriott gift cards for a total of $150 off our total Hertz bill.  We loved our stay and look forward to returning.  Happy Anniversary in advance.  I'm sure your stay will be special.

burnetma Member 23 Reviews

I stayed here for my honeymoon.  It was a great experience.  The hotel's restaurant, MALA,  is fantastic.  The pool is great (salt water pool) and just such a relaxing view.  They are really accommodating and just a friendly staff.  The rental cars are a lot more than $30 a day but it might make more sense to rent on day offs rather than a full week.  they have transportation to many of local areas via shuttle (or you can enjoy the nice walk).  Happy Anniversary!!  I cant wait to go back!

docsavage Gold

We have done Wailea Marriott a few times (last February recently).  This is my best vacation spot.  Probably I cannot offer anything you don't already know but:

Hertz has car rental on property.  It works for me.  I take taxi from airport for arrival/departure.

First time visit to this Marriott was 30th Anniversary, (we had stayed at Kaanapali and some other islands prior) and they took care of me by letting them know this information.  I believe it was Building #24 (two story with view of ocean and grassy knoll away from crowds) which is still my favorite.

If it has been 30 years since you have been there, you will be surprised at the area.  It seems to have enough in the general area to keep you busy.

I'm not naive, it can be expensive, but it does not have to be.  But after all, this is a special occasion.  You deserve it!

dblanz Gold 2 Reviews

I read your posting on visiting Maui in September. My wife and I are going for 8 days on Sept 20 to Marriott Ocean Club.

If you are back prior to my departure, it would be great if you could give me your reactions to the trip. I am especially interested in finding good restaurants (both fancy and casual), what you think are the best activities on the island, a luau you attended, etc. We will have a rental car. I would appreciate any ideas you have to enhance our visit.

I hope your trip was wonderful. I thank you in advance for any suggestions you have.

Doug

benbuck6 Silver

would love to hear how this trip went

NeoTrinity Platinum

I know this is an old post, however, we have recently stayes at the Wailea Beach Marriott Resort and it has also changed quite a bit. It has one of the most spectacular vanishing edge pools. We recently got to see a "moonset over the ocean and the vanishing edge pool" Absolutely spectacular!!!!! The staff is also very nice. Especially Adriana.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...