2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2012 9:10 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Ghost Town, outside of Phoenix!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Never been to one before, but wanted to share this with you if you get to Arizona.

Having been a History Channel lover, and seeing stories about "Superstitious Mountain" and "Hidden Gold" (Prospector?). I, by accident, found a place I always wanted to see.  Leaving my RI, in Scottsdale, drove 40 minutes to Goldfield Ghost Town.  Thinking this was going to be another "Tourist trap", was I wrong!  This was most interesting!  The sight of Superstition Mountain, and the sights that I had seen on TV was wonderful.  Here are a few photo's.  Great place for the family.  By the way, there was no charge to visit the ghost town, and it was delightful.  Take the wonderful 20 minute narrow gauge train ride around the town, it also is fun. 

Did not used to post things like this, but after meeting NUHusker, he enjoyed reading things like this, as I enjoyed reading posts from people like you and him!  After all, I am writing this from a RI/S in Scottsdale.  Here are a few pictures:IMG_1843.JPGIMG_1842.JPGIMG_1844.JPGIMG_1845.jpgIMG_1846.JPG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Superstitious Mountain, Arizona, USA
  • Re: Ghost Town, outside of Phoenix!
    razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

I've never heard of this place; however, it might be some place different we might enjoy on our upcoming trip to Phoenix.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Ghost Town, outside of Phoenix!
      jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

razorback,

It was a fun trip, and there was no cost, unless you ate or wanted to do special things.  There was much to do in the area, and the Superstitious Mountain and its background was most interesting.  Check it out on the web! 

This whole day was a pleasant surprise.

Location Brand Hotel
      Superstitious Mountain, Arizona, USA

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...