Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

8 Replies Latest reply: Jan 29, 2012 1:51 PM by tef6178 RSS

Ready Set Go...MegaBonus 2012

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Our fearless leader, The Jas-man, set up a thread to remind people about the Marriott gift card holiday promo. I was really surprised at the number of members that wouldn't have participated if not for that posting. That's what a good member site should be all about, sharing tips to maximize benefits.

Continuing the theme of pass it forward... let this thread serve as the reminder to all the heavy and casual visitors to Marriott Insiders. The MegaBonus is just days away. Plan your February through April travel to include the 20 to 25 nights at the Marriott properties of your choice. The 35,000 and 50,000 points respectively are excellent additions to your accounts. These MegaBonus' in 2011 added 130,000 points to Yours Truly account. When you take the base earning points for the stays, plus the arrival gift points, plus the MegaBonus'...it's close to 300,000 points. Some mighty nice trips can be had for 300,000 points.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Ready Set Go...MegaBonus 2012
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Thanks for sharing this...I hope those that can will take advantage of the MegaBonus offer!!! You sure did in 2011 and benefited greatly!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Three days to go for the Start.  25 nights over three months, or 13 weeks is reachable. You can do it with 2 nights per week for the 13 weeks. You can hit 25 with three weeks of 5 nights plus just one night for the other 10 weeks. Lots of combinations will work. of MegaBonus

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

PP,

I am confused.  When i read about the MegaBonus, it sounds like it is just get 1 night free for each 2 stays, up to a max of 2 free nights.  How does this tie into 25 nights over 3 months?

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

tryt:

Different members get different Megabonuses. It's been a pet peeve of ProfChiara and others for a long time to let members pick the megabonus offer they want. Marriott decides the megadeal one gets and sometimes (based on schedules for each of us) one deal just doesn't make any sense for us and the other would work. I too got the stay 2 get 1 night free this time but last year was on the stay 25 nights deal (or something like that). Got nothing out of it because my schedule (leisure travel only) didn't have me traveling for 25 nights during the bonus timeframe....but if I could have signed up for the stay 2 get 1 it would have worked better for me. I think at the time there was discussion between certain members and Andy (the old Andy who left?) about being able to change to the deal one wanted but I don't know how that worked out in the final result. ProfChiara may know as she was very vocal about these MegaBonus deals.

Tef,

You're right. There are different MegaBonus' out there. The one I mention is the one I get offered every time. My daughter is a Silver, she get's the Stay 2 get 1 Night. I remember last year someone mentioning there was a 15 night for 25,000 pts with an additional 5 nights garnering an additional 15,000 pts.  I was coming up short a couple of years ago, I called the Rewards line and they manually adjusted my MegaBonus' to help me maximize the offers at that time.

Whatever offer folks are getting, don't let this slip by. Free nights or a boatload of points via MegaBonus are the low hanging fruit. 

pained:

I wholeheartedly agree. Whatever the bonus is....grab it!

I also think ProfChiara and others who chimed in at that time had a great idea to just put the MegaBonus programs (all of them being offered) on each members Rewards page and let them choose the one that fits their best scenario for that time period. Sure would make life simpler.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

tef -- I have always been offered the 25 nights = 50k points megabonus, but the last two I knew I wouldn't stay that much so I called Marriott Rewards and asked them to manually change my offer to the one you described that you had received.  Worked out just fine.  Give it a try.

NU and pained:

Thanks for the suggestions! I will give it a go next time I get the one that doesn't work for me.

Thanks!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...