3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 24, 2012 10:41 AM by NathalieF RSS

Walnut Creek Renaissance or Wine Country Resorts

superchief1 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

We are planning a trip to Northern California next year (using MR points), probably in late February. We are considering staying 5 nights at the Renaissance in Walnut Creek (Cat 4), since it is convenient to BART and attached to a great sport club (I enjoy weight training). This would allow us eacy access to SF area, and we could rent a car to visit wine country and other area sites. Our other options are the Sonoma Renaissance or Napa Marriott resorts, which are both cat 6. I'm not sure whether these properties have CL lounges or offer breakfast vouchers for platinum members, but I know the WC property provides breakfast vouchers. I'd appreciate your advice and comments regarding these hotels. We lived in Concord several years ago, so we are familiar with the area although it has changed a lot. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Walnut Creek, California, USA Renaissance Hotels Renaissance ClubSport Walnut Creek Hotel
Sonoma, California, USA Renaissance Hotels The Lodge at Sonoma Renaissance Resort & Spa
Napa, California, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa
  • Re: Walnut Creek Renaissance or Wine Country Resorts
    NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Greetings superchief1 - what did you end up selecting for your tip? Safe travels!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Walnut Creek Renaissance or Wine Country Resorts
    ddheria Platinum

We stayed at the Marriott in Napa in November and they have a concierge lounge available for breakfast and dinner. I am platinum as well and access to the concierge lounge was complimentary. Dinner was mostly finger food but something none the less. They have a wine tasting every evening in the lobby with a different winery represented each night. Very nice property and friendly staff.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...