6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 26, 2012 1:24 PM by anadyr RSS

Not "Patriotic"

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

This article seems to counter then argue for the doomed  (or is it domed?) NE Patriots for a repeat loss in the upcoming Super Bowl.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Not "Patriotic"
    profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Will any Insiders be in Indianapolis for the Super Bowl?  How I wish!

The article makes perfect sense.  (Remember, all, I wanted to be a sports writer when I graduated from high school, not a history professor.)  The years the Pats won the Super Bowls were years that everyone always called winning ugly. That's what they've been doing all this year.  The years they were 'great' they lost the SB.

They're also playing for something else -- the MHK on their jerseys.  Ever since Mr. Kraft left his beloved wife's bedside at her request to mediate the NFL Players' Union talks last summer (which pretty much everyone gives him a lot of the credit for) and her death shortly thereafter knows that this team -- and the Pats are always a TEAM -- has been playing for Mr. Kraft and Myra's memory.

Besides that, BB and TB and the whole team LOVES articles that downplays their chances of success. Keep 'em coming.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

prof:

Well said. Go Pats!

A friend, who is in the sports book business (and no I never bet with him), told me that the Vegas line had NY at 80-1 odds to win the super bowl, on bets placed at the start of the season.  SO, soothsayers and naysayers, a win by Eli  (not the one in 1 Samuel) would be one of astronomical and yes, biblical proportions. I should have placed that bet!

Forgot to mention Professor that I won the Marriott Courtyard contest and I'll be there--now I need to find two friends to go along, and since I am friendless am taking offers

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Go Pats!!!! They will be Superbowl Champions in 2012...I will miss the game as I will be in Australia when it is played!!!

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Go Pats!!  Seems like this is considered a pretty evenly matched game.  I'm hoping the Pats blow them away.......

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...