5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 8, 2012 12:52 PM by msgreendeans RSS

Travel Insurance

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Do you buy travel insurance for your trips?  Have you ever had to use it?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Travel Insurance
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

I ususally get trip insurance for international trips but to date have not had any claims against that insurance..Just seems smart to have this in the event of some kind of emergency should it arise...I usually get the insurance from American Express affiliate.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

I agree with Jasper. Have bought it for international junkets (Europe or farther afield, but not the Caribbean since I have a place there), but never have bought insurance for a domestic visit.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

never bought it, never regretted it.  that said, it would only take once......   I guess each individual has to weigh their tolerance for loss. 

gm1 Gold 1 Reviews

Only for trips outside of the United States, since most health insurance policies do not provide coverage out of country.  An accident or unexpected illness might create a  financial burden in addition to all of the other problems.  Luckily, I have never had to file a claim.  We are planning a trip to Italy in September and I will buy a travel health policy.

msgreendeans Gold 1 Reviews

I have bought travel insurance a few times and it has paid off more than once.  The first time, we booked a Disney cruise back when Disney contracted out with The Big Red Boat.  Notably, we did NOT buy insurance from the Big Red Boat but from a third party company.  Two months before we were to set sail, the Big Red Boat was slapped with Bankruptcy orders on all of its boats.  They were stopped in Nassau; we got a full refund and would not have gotten that refund from the bankrupt Big Red Boat travel insurance.  My advice is that as long as you have kids or elderly guests who might get sick at the last minute or are spending a good chunk of money, get the insurance.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...