37 Replies Latest reply: May 3, 2012 6:27 PM by tryt53 RSS

Platinum Premier Notification

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

It seems as if a subtle change has occurred to my Marriott Rewards account. I was chatting with a very helpful reservation line associate and she recognized me as a Platinum Premier member. It took a few seconds for that to register in my brain. I've been a member in general for about 20 yrs. I've been hanging in the Platinum group for the last five years. I've never hit the PP level before. I am aware that it exists through the various threads on this site.

I went to my Account page on marriott.com and low and behold, I'm now a Platinum Premier .  Will there be any type of official notification coming from Marriott? Is there literature that will be sent? Is there a special card that is distributed? I noticed a Platinum Premier reservation line on the web site, but it took me to the regular Platinum reservation desk.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum Premier Notification
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Now you will have to change your user name to PPP..(Pained Premier Platinum) or nolongerpainedplatinum, take your pick!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Good point Jas. My joints still feel the pain but my new status may help to cushion the blow when I get upgraded to those suites every time I check in!!

dejamo Platinum

The new (black) card should be sent out to all of us PP's soon, we might even get PP trinkets this year again (if they haven't stopped those as well).

That card is good for a free cup of coffee at a Courtyard..................oh wait a minute..............strike that...............

Dont hold your breath for that either,  as most of them that are moving to the "Bistro's",  take away the free coffee now, so you must pay for Starbucks, or drink thesockjuice from your rooms now

Anyway, congrats for making Platinum Premiere. Hope they reinstate the free cup of coffee!!!

jkernitzki Platinum 2 Reviews

Ah, yes, the official black membership card of the You Have No Life Club.  A not-so-subtle reminder that you are one of the truly damned, a traveler that can be formally abused knowing that you have no real recourse any longer. (I kid, of course)

Unless, that is, you choose to stay at the CY Toronto Airport. There's at least a half-dozen PP's there every night. Platinums are a dime a dozen at that property.  Golds & Silvers? Peasants, all. Basic members are given cots in the parking lot. 

Have fun getting the 20% off dining at some full Marriotts.  It's actually pretty entertaining when the GM has to be called to explain what the whole Premier thing is all about.

browell Platinum

I went through the same SURPRISE, YOU ARE ONE discovery last year.   Then, on my first visit to the Renaissance Concourse ATL (on Delta's Dime, I'll admit)  I present my new Black Card, and got to enjoy a lovely 4th floor city-side room ........ Concierge Level is 9-11...... I honestly didn't notice until about an hour later, when it hit me....... Wow, THIS is special treatment???   When I asked about it at the desk during checkout, I was told point-blank "PP and Platinum get the same benefits."  I just shook my head, and headed for the bus.

All year I can't say that I've gotten a single extra benefit this year over my Platinum status in years past (every single year since 2000), except for the lovely roll-over benefit.  I ended 2010 with approx 150 nights stayed (I have to assume that this is how I got PP) and my ROLLOVER.......2.......

Thank you Marriott, I have been so happy (sic) that I barely re-qualified for Platinum this year.  I will never push for Marriott stays again like I did in 2010 because of the aggravation my PP year caused me.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

browell

you bring up a good point regarding platinum premier.  some say that a benefit they enjoy is a separate phone number for PP, others say they think an upgrade may have been related to their PP status.  I can't say for sure, but I tend to agree that it doesn't even register with the from desk personnel.

dejamo Platinum

Sounds like a good question for the COMMUNITY MANAGER

Dear COMMUNITY MANAGER

What are some of the ideas that are being discussed at the corporate level to reward/recognize/separate or otherwise distinguish Platinum Premiers from Platinum members ?

Or has this topic not had enough postings yet to register/warrant corporate intervention/discussion at the decision makers level ?

dejamo

good point!  some of us jokingly mention a new elite level called PLUTONIUM..Actually, there is no need for that.  All Marriott needs to do is elevate Platinum Premier to a very distinguished level.  Same as Executive Platinum on American, Diamond on Delta, etc.   Give their very best customers treatment above and beyond.....  It would be a huge hit with those of us that are truly the best individual customers that Marriott has.

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

dejamo,

I will try to flag the community manager by putting the NathalieF attention in here.

I guess I don't get it.. there is already a higher level - Platinum Pemiere - Seems to me the right answer is to increase the benefits of this level rather than creating a new level (Plutonium)??? communitymanager

Marriott Associate Member

Greetings!  Hope everybody is doing well.  Regarding Platinum Premier benefits - I can confirm that we are in conversation, and no, I cannot tell you what we're discussing.  When will anything happen, you ask?  Also confidential.  I know you’re rolling your eyeballs right now, and I do apologize for the annoyance.

We have a firm handle on your perspective.  We know that the competitive pressure is growing, and the lack of distinction will cause some travelers to choose to affiliate with a different loyalty program.  We know that pulling through recognition on-property is not consistent.  We know.  And yes, we feel the pressure to change. 

What we did not know that CY in-room coffee is referred to as “sockjuice'' (heh heh) so I'll be bringing that to the next discussion.

MichelleL

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Michelle, I think it is a matter the level of compensation for a near lifetime spent in hotels that bothers most folks. The amount of compensation is subjective but seems in the eyes of the recipients to be inadequate given the effort and dollars spent at Marriott's. Loyalty is a tenuous thing--we shift alliances a lot, often for little reasons, many times for inconsistencies in treatment.  Please carry the banner for us lifers and PPers to the powers that be--let them know we want reasons to be loyal.  Thanks

kingkamea Platinum 1 Reviews

So, I'm not the only one that has to "educate" the food & beverage staff about the Marriott Rewards button on the POS station?

trvlman Platinum

It's hit and miss with me. Some hotels do a great job, others seem as if they could care less. I did notice something during one stay not long ago. The Concierge host treated a particular guest very very well. I got to talking to him that eve and he stays at this particular property 2-3 nights a week. I rarely stay at the same property more than twice or three tmes a year due to my travel. It seems the guests that stay at the same property frequently get the upgrades and the special treatment.

On another note that some of y'all may be able to help out. Marriott doesn't seem to really appreciate or take care of their "elite" guests as i am told other brands do. At one time lat year, Starwood offered status match to move over, Any thoughts on that? Got tons of points w Marriott but the customer service seems lacking recently. Any input on moving or thoughts about what would be a good program much appreciated.

THANKS

Give those other chains an email and tell them you'd like a Status Match--most will for a year.

seems like most have adjusted their "match" so that it is good for a shorter period of time.  That way, you only keep the level IF you, in a short period of time (2-3 months) actually deliver the nights you promised.  None are looking to make you Diamond only to have you provide a few nights of revenue....

True but that time of glory be it ever so short, is nice

Shoeman,

i had at least one matching chain drop me after a couple of months, but that was only because the year rolled over, and the computer downgraded me.  When I called the customer service, it was re-instated for the whole year of 2012.  You might want to call them, at whichever chain it was at. 

Tryt, I will do that as well.  How is FLA?

Which chain was that???

That was Priority Club.  Got a match a few months before year end, got dropped back to basic after not getting 50 nights, and then called and they straightened it out and am Platinum for the rest of 2012 now.

Thanks...I too have been reciprocated to Platinum for all of 2012 with Priority Club

you deserve it!

I think any that we got reciprocated with towards the end of last year, need to be checked on if they drop us to a lower level at the beginning of this year.  I think many of the computer systems aren't set up to handle reciprocated status and just automatically downgrade you at the beginning of the year, if you didn't meet the required nights when the programs look at the total nights stayed.

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

I was given Platinum Premier status again this year, even though I didn't earn it.  So I thank Marriott for that.  At the same time, I was comped at highest level at Accor (where I'll be staying a lot in the next few months thanks to Marriotts), Best Western, and Priority Club.  So I really mean it when I offer thanks, but at the same time I think Marriott may be realizing how many other options we have.

ProfC

jbardol00 Platinum

What are the requirements to be a platinum premier member?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...