10 Replies Latest reply: Feb 18, 2012 7:05 PM by tryt53 RSS

When in Louisville, Kentucky...

sranelita Gold
Currently Being Moderated

As a seasoned traveler, I have enjoyed trips to Mexico, upstate New York, Los Angeles California, and more recently, my tours have involved Dallas, Texas, Detroit, Michigan, Jeffersonville, Indiana, and Louisville, Kentucky. I had to privilege of staying at the Louisville Downtown Marriott. Never before in all my travels have I encountered such a wonderful group of professionals, designed to make sure my stay was perfect. Taylor H., exemplifies what outstanding customer service should be. Having stayed there over 14 occasions in the last year, I have always witnessed Taylor going out of his way to reach out to our group of travelers, touching base with the staff to ensure our stays, some extending several weeks, were in order. Even the little details, such as refrigerators and extra towels, were always available without us having to remind the front office. He always stops by while in the lobby, or enjoying the patio, or even while waiting to depart, to ensure we are finding everything okay with hour stay. He has consistently handled emergency stay overs due to inclement weather, a broken toilet in a room, yes even in a hotel it happens, extra guests coming in at the last minute, he has always risen to the occasion, a consummate professional.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Louisville, Kentucky, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Louisville Marriott Downtown
  • Re: When in Louisville, Kentucky...
    whiskeytravels Silver

Inclement weather and stuck in Kentucky - sounds like we travel at the same time!

I second the vote for this location. I was living there a week out of the month in 2010 and they never failed to amaze me with the hospitality and attention to details. I dislike constantly eating out while traveling - and all I ever had to do was ask the conceirge for a small refrigerator and it would be immediately delivered for the week. It might be a small thing in the grand scheme - but when you travel constantly - it's the details that matter.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Greetings sranelita, On behalf of behalf of Marriott associates around the world, we take pride in providing exceptional service for each and every guest and we appreciate you taking the time to nominate a Marriott associate for this important award. We’ll enter this nomination for consideration of the Spirit to Serve award.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Thanks for sharing this with us!

Wish I would have stayed there vrs. The SpringHill Suites in Jeffersonville, IN (Louisville North).

sranelita Gold

please consider having your travel personnel look into it. I guarantee you won't be disappointed!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

sranelita,

Thanks again for this information.  On my recent trip to Louisville, I walked past the Marriott, but stayed at The Seelbach, that was a mistake.  The Seelbach was very disappointing.  The only good thing was I was in town to see Tony Bennett, and ran into him and his daughter Antonio in the Lobby. 

Next trip will be the Marriott!  The dining at the Oak Room, at the Seelbach was fine, but I will never stay there again.

Thanks for your report.

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

untitled.png

jerrycoin and others: A trip to the Louisville Slugger Museum is a must if you like baseball.  I remembered that my dad had told us that he had a contract with Louisville Slugger when he played ball, so the museum was on the top of our list of places we wanted to visit in Louisville.  It was an emotional moment for me when I found his name on the wall with many of the players who have used Louisville Slugger bats.  Seeing his familiar signature brought tears to my eyes.  I was able to order replicas of the bat he used (they had his specifications on file).  He swung a mighty heavy bat. 

On a return visit, we visited the museum again.  On that trip, we stayed at the Residence Inn downtown and had a nice stay.  I was studying for a national certification exam while my husband taught a Bicycling Education class and it was perfect to have been able to spread out in a 1-bedroom suite.  I remember eating at the Marriott while I watched a Razorback football game.

We were told that we had to try a Hot Brown and a piece of Derby Pie.  Louisville, along with New Orleans and Lafayette and several other southern cities, have been in a recent Southern Living food contest.  The winner will be announced soon.  It's hard for me to imagine that anyone could beat south Louisiana cuisine (but I have to admit I'm prejudiced ).  Places go out of business rather quickly if they don't have good food.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews
            Thanks, razorback. And I don't think there are many things that beat lousiana cookin'.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

ya.  cajun' cooking is outstanding!

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

I think cajun food is my favorite of all time.  I love the spices and full flavors!!  I think I need to go find some now, but it is really hard to find much in Olympia,   There are a couple of good places in Pioneer Square in Seattle that I haven't been to in a while.  I used to walk to them during lunch times when I worked for WAMU in downtown Seattle, several years back.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...