15 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2012 12:15 AM by eb5147 RSS

Business travelers may want to stay away from the Courtyard City Center in Charlotte, NC

kenbryant Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I had numerous conversations with the Director of Sales on 237 S. Tryon Street.  This situation is this I am a platinum member and I am responsible for managing projects that equates to several thousand nights per year.  I anticipate having 50 or so project colleagues coming in for short term to long term stays this year and 100 or so next year.  I myself expect to be staying full time in Charlotte for the next few years.  I am working with a large global firm and have a number of people needing stays at my direction.  After numerous conversations, I can't get the Director of Sales to honor the corporate rate on a regular and consistent basis.  It is the dead of winter and the worse time of the year for the financial services business.  I have never had anyone so unwilling to work with a rewards member much less with a customer that presents a significant amount of business.  So I am pulling my business and going to the Hilton across the street with a better standard rack rate than corporate discount at the Marriott Courtyard City Center in Charlotte, NC!!!  At the Hilton, I feel both myself and my people will not only be welcomed, but will actually not be treated as an inconvenience.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Charlotte, North Carolina, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Charlotte City Center
  • Re: Business travelers may want to stay away from the Courtyard City Center in Charlotte, NC
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Sad to see that the Marriott will lose all this business.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Business travelers may want to stay away from the Courtyard City Center in Charlotte, NC
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Ken,

Why would they not work with you?

Especially if you are only asking for a corporate rate.  Do you know what the discounted rates are on the internet?  Can't imagine any hotel not wanting to work with you.

Good luck.

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

ken,

Let me see if the NathalieF can get some attention that could help this situation.  I think all of us hate to see Marriott lose business like this, because it just makes our benefits levels seem less important also.

dlcarpet Platinum 5 Reviews

I had a problem with the Courtyyard in Waldorf, MD   Marriott customer service is going down the tubes.  I'm also a platinum member who will be looking the change my loyalty!!!!

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Greetings KenBryant - It appears the rate in question is already a pre-negotiated rate for employees of that company as part of the existing contract. So it's not a matter of not valuing your status as a Platinum Elite member or your business, its a contractual obligation. I believe employees must book through this company's travel department so they should be able to provide additional assistance. If however, you're looking to pre-negotiate a corporate rate for a different company, the sales director should relay that information for you.

I hope that helps, stay warm and safe travels!

kenbryant Platinum

Yes, and I get all that, the problem is I am a long term stay customer (at least two years) and I represent a significant amount of business, I have always been able to negogiate the rate given that situation, especially where the rack rate is signficantly higher than the competition next door.

kenbryant Platinum

Also, I am clearly associated with the subject company contract. In addition, the company's travel department involvement is not necessarily mandatory, I would think I am in better to know that than someone outside the company.  This is just common sense, a customer should have been treated a bit better rather than having the rulebook thrown at them.  That is just an excuse.  I was never given the option to negotiate a rate for another company, etc.  I am sorry, but the response here falls as flat as the initial sales director's response. All the result of the same bad non-customer service driven attitude.  It seems other threads appear to agree after having some of the same experiences as I have had.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Greetings, no excuses here. Check with your travel department for specifics on the agreement for employees and contractors.

kenbryant Platinum

If there are no excuses, I would suggest reading through the threads and stop repeating the same non-sense over and over.  I do not go through travel department, I don't even know how to contact them.   I am not just talking about the one corporate rate as either an employee or contractor. I am talking about being a platinum member with a long term stay of two years asking for some kind of rate.  None was offered by Marriott and that you can not excuse.  Since these posts have appeared, the story has now changed somewhat but the fact was that every opporunity was given for the Marriott sales staff to simply say "Mr. Bryant, we value your business, let me see what we can work out for you."  There is no excuse for that.

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

Sometimes Marriott's customer service is good and sometimes not.  It seems like that if you're having problems with the GM at a location, they'll echo the sentiments of the GM with no regard for the customer.  That's NOT customer service to me. 

To say that it was a contractual thing with your company's travel dept. seemed absurd.  My husband's company STRONGLY recommends they go through the travel dept., but it went to the TP mgr. first to try to get a corporate rate for the customer's company.  We stayed there for 4 weeks, and then I did the same at RI, which the mgr. here was smart enough to give, also.  Then taxes disappear after a couple of months, so the savings are really big to the customer, since I'm assuming they're passed on to the customer.  But then, the mgmt. here, and therefore customer service in turn, treats me like a non-person by totally ignoring me, acting like I'm a liar when I complain about things that happen, and actually insulting me by telling me we can leave if we don't like the fact that they made us move in less than 24 hours, and not only that, but leave them a couple of hours to get their things out before the salvage company came in to get everything.  So they want consideration without giving any.  I haven't even complained all that much.  They even told me they couldn't do anything about a housekeeper's attitude when she'd come into my room and act like I was dirt.  There just aren't that many places that have 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, and a kitchen for long term residence; but this place, nor Marriott, give us the respect they say that a PPE lifer would get.        

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...