12 Replies Latest reply: Jan 24, 2012 10:49 AM by anadyr RSS

Chase fees waived for points?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

A Marriott Rewards Chase rep just told me that there is a way to use MR points to pay for the $85.00 annual fee. I did not take advantage of this but has anyone else?  My Plutonium Visa card is well worth the money.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Chase fees waived for points?
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Who cares?????

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Strange that you'd say that--many of us are trying to save money when we can, and this is one way.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Was this rep from Marriott Rewards or from Chase?

The person works for Chase, but she was a referral from the first person (I called the number on the card itself)  and she was representing the loyalty desk (Columbus, OH she told me) of the Marriott Rewards Chase Signature Visa (black card).

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Don't take it the wrong way...I just find it is usually less cost to pay the cash versus using points..I think it is better to use points for hotel related stays and not for merchandise and other items..Correct me if I am wrong!!!

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Jasper

I think that your point of view on this has been proven to be 100% correct almost all the time.  Thank you for bringing this to everyones attention.  No need to waste points unnecessarily.

these points stayed in my account long with millions of others yet unused.  I got another deal, which shall remain a personal secret between me and Chase, so boo on you!

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

ss

just don't want the 99% to fall into the trap of wasting points they may one day use for a valuable prize......

I imagine that 8500 points might be valuable, yes, but not for some

dblanz Gold 2 Reviews

I would like to know if there is a standard policy on this from Marriott and/or Chase. I have so many Marriott points that I suspect will stay with me for years. If the exchange rate points versus paying a cash fee is not overly excessive I may consider. I would simply be pleased to know my options.

call and ask for the loyalty department desk

Joyful Gold 8 Reviews

Let me know if anyone used points for for the annual fee on the Visa card.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...