5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2012 4:34 PM by jasper100 RSS

JW Marriott Scottsdale (New Locale Story)

ksfamilyman Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

My wife and I recently had the extreme pleasure of staying at The JW Marriott Camelback Inn in Scottsdale, AZ.  This was quite the unique experience as it was not a traditional high rise hotel.  They were standalone buildings housing anywhere from 2 to 8 units per building set amongst the vast and prestige landscape between Scottsdale's Mummy Mountain and Camel Back Mountain.  We did not go off site for anything as the dining was superb and the spa was excellent.  Every evening we dined on property and were able to craft our own drinks from the bar keep, with his assistance of course, while dining outside listening to live acoustical music.  The musician what set above a waterfall which helped create both a fun and intimate atmosphere surrounded by fires and heat torches.  Upon the end of the evening we returned to our room or I should the Presidential House and drank wine on our private patio while lighting up the outdoor fireplace.  This was the most exquisite accommodations I have ever had.  I have to say WELL DONE to the staff at the JW MARRIOTT Camelback Inn.  With a special thanks to the grounds crew, bar keep, and wait staff...THANK YOU!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
  • Re: JW Marriott Scottsdale (New Locale Story)
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

wow.  what a great story and advertisement for the JW!  thank you much for sharing, your post truly makes me want to give this property a look-see.

thanks again!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• JW Marriott Scottsdale (New Locale Story)
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

This is one of the best of the best places in my humble opinion--thanks for the reminder

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Stayed there many times and am in Scottsdale right now.  It is a very nice place, but not for everyone.  Since I do not golf, but love the game, I don't stay there anymore.  I really enjoy the RI, (Will be posting soon), and for half the price, I get my 2br suite and a better location for what I like to do, shop and dine.

Again, wonderful place, if you are at a convention or on an expense account.

platinumstar Platinum 3 Reviews

This is one my favourite JW's. Was there is December and only last night I booked myself in for 9 more nights in July when it will be boiling hot but the rates are extremely good. Fantastic hotel, I dont play golf but go for the tranquility of the place, and sit round the spa pool all day relaxing with a book. Bliss, pure bliss.

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

I  have stayed here in the past and was treated wonderfully with an upgrade to a very large suite..but that was several years ago..Good to hear that they seem to be providing that same level of service, at least in your case!!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...