2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 23, 2012 2:47 PM by anadyr RSS

Residence Inn Sunnyvale (CA) Silicon Valley I & II.

iestrikesback Platinum 44 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just completed a brief business stay at the RI Sunnyvale I, one of the "twin" RIs located about a 1/2 mile apart in the heart of the Silicon Valley.  We've stayed at both properties on several occasions over the past 13 years or so.  Both hotels are great, and the recent stay just shows that they continue to go above and beyond the call of duty for guests.  I get occasional e-mails or phone calls from the sales personnel just to send holiday wishes, or asking us to let them know when we need rooms again at their hotels.  These RIs are part of "Island Properties" which also manage non-Marriotts.  Anyway, I checked on line in Marriott's system to see if they had rooms available at our "per diem" rate, and was saddened to find out they did not.  So, I called the sales rep. who I'd saved an e-mail from, and asked if there was anything he could do for me.  He said "no" at the time, but said he would contact me if anything could be done later.  So, a couple days later, he called me and said they would honor our per diem rate after all!

About the hotel itself:  It was newly remodeled since the last time I'd been there.  The buffet breakfast was excellent as always, but the evening "Happy Hour", excellent before, was even better.  "Premium" beers were served on tap in "pint" glasses. (Blue Moon, an Amber Ale, and a Wheat) and bottled Cabernets and Chardonnays were served.  You'd pay around $6 each for these beers at a bar.  The last time we were there, it was just domestic kegs (i.e.Bud Light) and "box" wines.  Also, as a Platinum member, bottle water and chocolate was left in my room, on top of the gift "points" received.

In summary, I highly recommend either of these hotels if you're in the area.  They are the older townhome-style RIs, but the remodeled rooms and the service are all top-notch.      

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Sunnyvale, California, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley I
  • Re: Residence Inn Sunnyvale (CA) Silicon Valley I & II.
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

les,

I a huge fan of RI!  When I travel with loved ones, I try to stay at RI, and all enjoy the two room suites.  Likewise, the breakfast buffet makes it easy for all to eat when they want to or bring it back to the room.

Thanks for your comments about Sunnyvale RI's.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Residence Inn Sunnyvale (CA) Silicon Valley I & II.
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Been to both and I agree

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...