Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

9 Replies Latest reply: Jan 23, 2012 2:45 PM by anadyr RSS

Ersatz Insiders?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

While perusing the Marriott International Facebook page I noticed that when someone makes a comment or asks a question, Marriott almost immediately responds with an answer.  So, my question is, which is the REAL Insider?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Ersatz Insiders?
    jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Good point SS...Seems to me that facebook is getting all the attention these days with quick responses while the Insiders are not responded to as timely...Wonder why?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Greetings steppingstone and Insiders, Our Facebook page is another way for Marriott Rewards members to connect with the program but is not a replacement for Insiders. Some members may prefer to interact through Facebook while trailblazers like yourselves are part of an exciting and insightful travel community. We look forward to your continued travel conversations within this community of your peers - check out our current travel story contest and our 2012 resolution for a sense of what's ahead.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Nice response cm, but you completely dodged the question.  I believe the question was why do questions via Facebook get answered very quickly, while questions raised in this community get answered not so quickly?  An example of that would be some recent response from cm on questions raised back in december.

I may have taken the long way to respond but no dodging here, "we're taking your suggestion to soon create a Customer Support area so those posts can both get their due attention and allow everyone to discuss travel throughout the rest of the site." The fact is that Facebook and Insiders are completely different sites, both in terms of platform features and by the request of many Insiders. As a user-led travel community we're facilitating conversations among peers but we are increasingly part of the Insiders dialogue as well. We do monitor the site and answer questions where information is vague or inaccurate, but if you have questions that are unanswered, feel free to share them with me.

One thought--the Facebook page is open to anyone with an Internet connection and a Facebook account.  Can you be sure that there are no ringers (as in Marriott personnel) posting on the site? I am not accusing anyone of being a plant here, far from it, just asking if Marriott associates have been given any do not post instructions?  Or need to be told?

There are absolutely no ringers or plants - only authorized associates may post to the Facebook page as the "Marriott Rewards" username.

Good news and good idea too!!!  Keep it honest

May I ask who is dealing with Facebook questioners?

We can not disclose associates' personal information, but send me a direct message if there is something I can help with.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...