5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 23, 2012 11:52 AM by bigmrm RSS

Chasing down nights from Marriott properties

robertrenaud Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I find that I need to call the Rewards telephone number to have my nights recorded. This used to happen every so often but in the last year I find that I need to note and track every stay.  What a waste of my time.  Is anyone else experiencing this problem?  I am huge Marriott fan, which is obvious by my Platinum status, but this just drives me crazy.  There is obviously a disconnect between Marriott properties and Marriott corporate.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Chasing down nights from Marriott properties
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Robert

Is there anything unusual about your booking procedure?  are any/many of your stays overseas?  My Marriott stays are throughout the USA and I do not believe I have ever had the need for a 'missed stay' conversation. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

DanKoz1971 Silver 4 Reviews

Hello Robert,

I've had to request credit for a missing stay once or twice, but now I always get credit for my stays at Marriott properties.  The difference was I never had problems when I had my rewards number supplied at the time of reservation  and when I showed my elite card at check-in.

Whomever is making your reservations needs to associate your rewards number with your reservation. Ensure that your profile with your travel arranger has your Marriott rewards number included.  That' my best advice. Diligence in doing that corrected my problem with missing stays.

• Chasing down nights from Marriott properties
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I find that they all post within 48 hours (knock on wood).  Have you checked your profile to ensure that your Rewards Number is on file (sounds simple I know but mistakes happen).  Also there is a slim chance your account has been hijacked--this happened to me--and someone else enjoyed my points until I found out.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

They check in for me as well with points.

No problems.

bigmrm Platinum

I've had 3 stays recently where an incorrect number of points was posted (always too low) but not where a stay itself hasn't posted at all.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...