17 Replies Latest reply: Jun 9, 2012 11:46 PM by atg0524 RSS

Losing all inclusive rewards trips????

sabastian51 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am curious how everyone feels about losing the all inclusive rewards options. I will admit that it is disappointing to not have this option anymore. Anyone else have an opinion about this?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Losing all inclusive rewards trips????
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Never used them.

Probably others did not as well.  Really never even understood how they worked.  It was a little too complicated, and I want to just have a place I pick out to stay, and book it.

I am not against those that found it helpful, but it was not for me.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Losing all inclusive rewards trips????
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

The loss of any benefit makes me mad and sad at the same time.  Yes, I am sorry to see these things disappear.

sabastian51 Platinum

Thanks for the response. I do hope they come back. To take a week long trip to the Caribbean just for being a Marriott rewards member is a very nice benefit. I am going to keep calling and sending messages to the rewards office in hopes of them coming back. It is a shame to see them disappear.

carolinacouple Platinum 2 Reviews

We utilized all inclusive for a week in St. Kitts.  It was a wonderful benefit.  Sad to see it go.  Hope they change their minds and give it back.

woodman Platinum

This is a major disappointment.  It was the one reward that made my wife tolerate the 125+ nights a year I was away.  She is a school teacher.  For the past 5 years, we would use the all-inclusive award to spend her spring break on a Caribbean beach where she could veg out.  Fortunately, through Insider, I learned that the awards were about to be discontinued and was able to get our Spring 2012 all-inclusive to St. Kitts grandfathered.  In the future, who knows what I'll do.  Now that I am Lifetime Platinum, maybe I should start building my status with another lodging company.  Any suggestions?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

try competitive match with the others--it has worked for me with four other chains after an email and a proof of status.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Wow,

I do apologize to anyone who will miss this!

Just because I never used them doesn't take away the need for them from others.

We will see what will happen.

sabastian51 Platinum

I agree with everyone. I am not a 125 night a year traveler, but I do about 95 nights away from my family every year as well. My wife and I were planning to use the points for the St. Kitts trip in the next year. I started a business two years ago and have not had enough time to take a five or seven night vacation. I switched to using Marriott exclusively for all of my travel in order, like many of you, to take advantage of the All inclusive member rewards trips. At least my wife could enjoy something for all of my time away. There is a lot of power in our voice. I will keep sending in complaints to Marriott rewards regarding this. I hope you guys will as well. When I contacted the rewards customer service that is what they recommended. The quote was, "with enough complaints it can bring things back." My fingers are crossed. I like Marriott hotels, but I will use a hotel with the all inclusive options in the future. Thank you all of your comments.

shawnecooper Platinum

Actually almost any Marriott call be all inclusive if you are Platinum (or really any level just purchase several credits).  We were burnt out on Mexico but then came along the $1,000 Marriott Checks you can use at any property!!!!  Makes every hotel all-inclusive just charge it and use the $1000 check or instant redemption points to pay the bill.  Unless that is gone too!

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Unfortunately, not every hotel accepts them and the conditions now placed on their use are far more onerous than in the past..

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

If you've ever beeen to Bermuda on a dine around program and realized how much money was saved by doing so.....the benefit from the 'all-inclusive' programs at Mariott properties was even better. You could book the all-inclusive package (sometimes at incredibly low prices if your travel schedule was flexible) and, if desired, all food AND drink was included (yes, alcohol too). Every meal...breakfast, lunch, dinner and drinks. It was a great deal.

Another benefit lost....such a shame.

shawnecooper Platinum

I think this SUCKS!  I do 50 meetings a year at the Marriott and our RFPs for hotels are getting ready to launch.  I loved this perk.  I just looked and even the Platinum $1000 voucers are gone.  I believe I might be going Starwood as my company has been pushing for years.  Can our Marriott moderator explain WHY THIS MASSIVE CHANGE!  We want it back!

atg0524 Platinum 3 Reviews

Are there any updates on this?  Any word on them being brought back?  I'm super disappointed, was thinking about booking an all-inclusive again for my upcoming 5 year wedding anniversary.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...