14 Replies Latest reply: Jan 23, 2012 11:23 AM by razorbackfan RSS

Top 25 Hotels in the USA - Trip Advisor

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Trip Advisor has listed the Top 25 Hotels in the USA.  See Link Below:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/TravelersChoice-Hotels

Has anyone stayed at any of these hotel? If so, what was your experience there!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Little Rock, Arkansas, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Little Rock Downtown
  • Re: Top 25 Hotels in the USA - Trip Advisor
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Jasper,

NO!, have not stayed at any of these hotels.  In many decades, came close to some of them, but have never stayed at any of them.

Thanks for sharing this list with us. I am not a "Botique hotel" kind of guy, but this is a great post.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

not only did I never stay in any of these, I have only ever heard of one of them.  the four seasons on Maui.  I toured that property and it was beautiful.

I have never stayed at any of these hotels either nor have I heard of any of them!!!

Jasper

how funny, we travel the world-wide, staying at fine properties along the way, and neither of us have ever heard of these.  I would begin to question the list.....

Shoeman...I gotta think that maybe these hotels are out of my price range and I still prefer the perks I get from my super elite status with the hotel chains. Additionally, most of my travel has been international and these are only US properties...

• Top 25 Hotels in the USA - Trip Advisor
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Stayed at them all (in my wildest dreams)

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Jasper:

Nice list. I am aware of only a couple of them, but it is an interesting group! This is a post other should see so I'll reply and move it back to the front ahead of those year old posts that have come back again.

Jasper,

This sounds like a "Paid commercial", when you have some real road warriors that have never even heard of these places, nor stayed at them?

Seems to me that many of the listings were for independent Boutique hotels that most often fly under the radar of business-types.  I'm sure that any hotel that is sorted in the same bucket as the Four Seasons on Maui is likely a very nice place indeed.  That said, it sure would be nice if we heard from some folks that actually stayed at some of the places listed.

Alas they've been caught red hotel handed here!

SS,

Really get a "Kick" out of reading the travel magazines, and read about places I/we know about and how they are so different than what we have experienced.

As a dining reporter, you know about "Big deals, NOT worth it"!

Yes my best line for Zagat was one for the Stinking Rose in SF. a Garlicky restaurant:  "Vampires find it hard to stomach!"

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

The Capital Hotel is located in Little Rock, Arkansas, my hometown.  I have not stayed there, but after doing some research on the hotel, I sure would like to.  It is located in an entertainment/dining area on the banks of the Arkansas River called the River Market District.  Their restaurant, Ashley's, has an outstanding reputation.  They serve a breakfast entree' called "The Razorback".  Can't go wrong there!

We have stayed at the Courtyard Downtown, located just a few blocks from The Capital, and enjoyed our stay there. We were upgraded to a corner suite which was quite nice.  I would stay there again.

Both hotels are within walking distance to the Clinton Presidential Center, Statehouse Convention Center, and the Arkansas Museum of Discovery. War Memorial Stadium (where the Razorbacks play some of their home games), the zoo, wonderful bicycle paths (one crosses the Arkansas River on the top of the dam), and great BBQ restaurants are a short drive away.

Location Brand Hotel
    Little Rock, Arkansas, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Little Rock Downtown

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...