3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 14, 2012 4:10 PM by californian RSS

Need Info on Marr Vacation Club Excursions-Tours from Collette Travel

dblanz Gold 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

In 2011 Marriott Vacation Club added an option in which members can exchange Vacation Club points for Excursions. One option is to take tours sponsored by Collette Travel. Some of the tours in which I have an interest include: London-Paris and several tours in Italy. Tours include lodging, some meals, and tour guide. Airfare is separate. These are run and ordered through Collette Travel.

Does anyone know of Collette Travel who could comment regarding their experiences with this company? It is interesting that of the tours I reviewed, none used any Marriott hotels.

I am simply trying to learn of your experiences with Collette Travel & anything you can tell me about them or their tours. Thanks,

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Need Info on Marr Vacation Club Excursions-Tours from Collette Travel
    lambchop Gold 2 Reviews

I cannot comment on this particular trip but we took the "City Stay in Beijing" through Collette with marriott explorer vacation points. The majority of the group were Marriott owners. The guide we had was great. The hotel was adequate but nothing close to a Marriott and what I missed the most was very few english speaking people working in the hotel, for example, the concierge did not speak English very well.

Everyone in our group said the same thing - the trip overall was not the way we usually travel and we were somewhat disappointed.

We had traveled on a Tauck tour before to Italy and it was outstanding. We stayed at beautiful hotels, they took us to fantastic restaurants and everything was taken care of. This was definitely 1-2 levels down from there. It made me think twice about more Collette trips with Marriott vacation points.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Need Info on Marr Vacation Club Excursions-Tours from Collette Travel
    dblanz Gold 2 Reviews

I hope there is more participation on the topic of Collette Travel. I have been considering using Vacation Club points for this, but have had difficulty learning about satisfaction with these tours. I recently spoke to a Marriott Vacation Club Rep and he could not give me much information on customer satisfaction. I also noticed that on some trips the vacation club points cost has risen. Can anyone help us?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...