This discussion is locked
1 2 3 13 Previous Next 189 Replies Latest reply: Aug 27, 2012 10:31 AM by NathalieF Branched to a new discussion. RSS

BOGO offers

thinze3 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

What is the status of the EEO Buy One Get One weekend stay offers?

I thought we were going to hear something by now.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• 1. Re: BOGO offers
    NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

I'll check on an update for you but I don't believe there is news just yet. The last I recall from previous conversations, "our next steps are to develop the recommendations (already begun) and 'sell' them to the other stakeholder groups (e.g., revenue management, brand leaders, etc). Then we would probably be asked to go through some testing / analysis before final decisions are made".  Stay tuned though!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• 2. Re: BOGO offers
    chicagotravel Platinum

So this is not going to happen now for many months ?  When Marriott stoped this in the fall didnt they have something else in the works ?  Is there anyway Marriott can reward those members who should be getting that benefit still while they sort things out ?  

• 3. Re: BOGO offers
    lakeshore Platinum 11 Reviews

Great questions, chicagotravel. I will be watching for the official reply.

• 4. Re: BOGO offers
    Marriott Associate Member

Greetings, All ~ we are very encouraged to have a potential solution.  Now it needs to be presented up the food chain.  I'm hopeful that we can get on Exec calendars within the next month, and they'll either sign off or send us back to the drawing board.  (For all our sakes...) hope for the sign off! 

P.S. Sorry, but there be no interim reward.

MichelleL

• 5. Re: BOGO offers
    chicagotravel Platinum

Is there anything that the Marriott Rewards memeber's can do to help escalate this appointment with the Execs ? I think this is a very hot issue for alot of loyal Marriott rewards members.  I have read on many different travel sites that people are not staying at FS Marriott locations or just not doing weekend trips now because of this.Isn't this loss of revenue something to consider and pushing this out for many months is going to really upset loyal members. Personaly when I travel for work or book meetings I usally allways choose Marriott and encourge others to that travel with me.  I know our fortune 500 company this year choose to have the sales kick meeting at a starwood properity because of changes to Marriott rewards program.  That was a loss of 300rooms for 5 nights !

Please share with us who you are trying to book the meeting with and all the loyal rewards members would be willing to send an e-mail to them expressing that this needs to be resolved or some type of interim solution should be offered.

• 6. Re: BOGO offers

Greetings!  Our execs are eager to see the solution, so it's not a matter of them not being interested - it's their travel schedules and availability.  And, we've held coversations on BOGO with our members and (believe me!) have captured the voice of the customer in a very effective manner - they were watching during the Insiders group as well, so they're well aware of your desires.  I'd be hard-pressed to make the case that we have lost group business as a direct result of the program suspending BOGOs, but I do catch your meaning about how changes in the program influence business decisions.

• 7. Re: BOGO offers
    tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Thank you Michelle!  We'll look forward to hearing what comes out of that Exec meeting.  Thanks for championing that cause for us.

• 8. Re: BOGO offers

Here to serve! 

• 9. Re: BOGO offers
    chicagotravel Platinum

Just wondering if you had a meeting date set yet ?

• 10. Re: BOGO offers

Had a great working session today - working out a few kinks in the proposal.  Still can't predict when this will be done, but I promise that it is on my short list.

• 11. Re: BOGO offers
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Nice to hear, thanks for your help.

• 12. Re: BOGO offers
    chicagotravel Platinum 2 Reviews

Its been a few weeks just wondering what the updates are.

• 13. BOGO offers

Greetings!  You know those people who can say 'no' when everyone else says 'yes' OR 'yes' when everyone else says 'no'?  That's who we're talking with now.  I'm very hopeful!  And yes - we move slow, I know, but I truly belive the potential solution is worth the wait.  Getting down to the gnat's nit is a pain in the bee-hind but ever so important to the final outcome.  Thanks for your continued interest, chicagotravel

• 14. Re: BOGO offers
    chicagotravel Platinum

w the only people i truly know that are like that are the Marriott Execs .   So the big question is can we try to shoot for a date when this might go live ? Could we say start of Q2 ? I think everyone here is interested to see what the new program will entail and then also when it will go live.  Its been almost 6months that the program has gone away with very little insight of what Marriott is thinking about doing other then its a slow process to revamp this program.  I know its hard to give details or exact information but something to get our mouth wet and give the loyal members loyal something to look forward to. 

I know Marriott is a big chain and these type of boards all you usually see and hear is the negative so its hard to truly gauge how many upset people there truly are but i see alot of loyal  Plat & Gold members leaving  Marriott because of the changes.

1 2 3 13 Previous Next