14 Replies Latest reply: Jan 19, 2012 1:46 PM by anadyr RSS

Breakfast policy worldwide?

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hi Michelle,

You stated that the 'no breakfast on weekends' had been policy for many years.  Although I rarely stay in the U.S., on all previous occasions where I did (except Courtyards), I was given a free breakfast or CL access until last year at the Boston Copley Place.  There they gave me a Starbucks voucher for two days. This year at the Chicago Marriott, I was simply told no.

I'd like to know if this is a Marriott U.S. policy or a worldwide policy.  Because I have always gotten a free breakfast either at the CL or the hotel restaurant at every Marriott I've stayed in in Europe and the Middle East, even Courtyards.

ProfChiara

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Breakfast policy worldwide?
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Prof,

Did you know that you can send your question directly to Michelle?  There's a "private massage" tab if you click on your moniker. I've used it from time to time. I get quick responses from the folks on here that way. Just an FYI

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Hi PainedPlatinum,

I considered it but thought it should be more part of the general conversation, since this is obviously a hot topic.  Thank you for all your great posts!

ProfChiara

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

profchiara

Thank you for keeping this thread public.  I am interested in the responses.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

I figured that's what you were up to... go for it.   I do like Michelle, though. I appreciate the fact that she can give and take without a full bucket of political correctness. I'm not sure how much of her time is spent monitoring the site. If she doesn't answer quickly, don't feel she's ignoring.

I completely agree and was not directing the question or my criticisms to the Community Manager or Michelle, but rather those who are making decisions on high.  I do think for a policy 'that has not changed,' an awful lot of us seem very surprised.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

In the Allegory of the Cave in the Plato's Republic, only shadows were seen as real.  I'd hope that this discussion brings us into the light (metaphorically) for a change.

ss

you are soooo deep sometimes..... 

Jesuit training

fhllast4ever Platinum

Now, I'm really impressed --personal question - - you were a monk once?

ss

me too.  actually jesuits in high school, benedictine monks in college....

No just a Hoya (Georgetown university graduate (actually graduate school) Ph.D. in Politics and Government--wait that is like a monk!!!

my wife was political science.  yur right  -  thinkers and drinkers....  also, not business people. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...