10 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2012 1:13 PM by anadyr RSS

Posting of nights/pts - new info

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

After I called the PP line today, I found out a new tidbit of information about posting of points and nights.  If you book through a conference (and you must pay for it yourself, which I did), the postings will not happen until usually ten days after the stay or whenever the conference forwards its info to Marriott. Fortunately, the Customer Service Representative called the Chicago Marriott and located my file and manually posted the nights and the points.

But what difference should it make in terms of posting that you've booked through a conference if you've paid yourself, checked in with your Rewards card and checked out at the end?  The rewards number is on the bill.

ProfChiara

PS - After I tried to post this and was asked for location I got the following error message:

An unexpected error has occurred

• The form has already been processed or no token was supplied, please try again.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Chicago, Illinois, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile
  • Re: Posting of nights/pts - new info
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Professor,

Thanks for sharing this information.  Yes, I don't see why it would take so long to get credit. Like you said, you used your Marriott Card and paid the bill when you left.  Why would it take 10 days to get credit.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Hi Jerry,

And the key point to me is I don't know if I ever would have gotten the credit had I not called.  This has happened so many times to me that it is ridiculous, though mostly after European stays.  Last Marriott USA stay was January at the Boston Copley Place, and while I had serious issues with the lack of CL, they posted my points right away even though it was the same conference stay. So beware those of you who pay through conferences -- monitor your account!
      ProfChiara

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

The PP hotline is good at fixing past stay issues, but it always helps to keep your folio just in case

One interesting point -- the checkout folio (which was correct in all details) that I got at the Chicago Marriott on Jan. 8 -- said it would mail me the portfolio.  Never got it. 

I would call them if you never see it -- have had them faxed over the years when there was an issue

Hi SS,

I do, but it's a real pain on a regular basis to have to make a 15-20 minute phone call and then sometimes have to go up to the college to fax it.  The system needs to be automated in a better way.

I agree but like income taxes and audits (not fun) records can be a lifesafer

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

I agree with you Prof...the burden of proof should be with the Marriott and not their most loyal customers!!!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

How could things go so wrong?

There must be something really wrong at this hotel, my guess is way too much business!  The convention business and shopping junkets from overseas was a bit obvious to me on my stays.  PP's may really be a pain here.

• Posting of nights/pts - new info

Gee is there a trend here?  Sure hope that someone at HQ is aware of these kinds of issues and will fix or at least comment on them

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...